Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (Rob Letterman, May 10, 2019) Movie • Page 25

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by justin., Jan 29, 2018.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I’d be interested to see a list of all the different Pokémon that show up on screen.

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

me as well

3. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I read somewhere there's an r-rated version of this and I hope we get to see it someday, because yeah, there were some VERY funny adult jokes in here

Carrow likes this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

0356B20E-D577-4D33-864A-F016E9ADEA6E.jpeg

coleslawed and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  5. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Saw this today, thought it was really cute. My partner and I got really excited everytime a new pokemon was on screen haha.

6. michael_gatto

Trusted

I've seen this twice now and I really like it. It was nice to see a summer blockbuster that isn't setting up a sequel but I do hope we get more Pokémon stories in the future.

Jesse West likes this.
  7. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Definitely had a lot of the same questions about the morality aspect while watching the movie. Didn't really question the last bit, though I do struggle seeing him as old.

Really enjoyed the movie and I'm glad I ended up going to see it tonight. Wrestled with the decision, but glad I randomly got the urge at like 8:30.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

gengar creeped me out not gonna lie his design was wild

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Give me Mew in a sequel, prequel or spin off.

10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I fucking loved this. Seeing all the Pokemon gave me such joy.

I really want a more traditional trainer movie with battles and shit.

11. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Mediocre movie saved by cute Pokémon. Hoped for more, but I’ll take it.

12. If I know literally nothing about Pokémon, would I still enjoy this?

13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Eh, maybe

14. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Probably not tbh. Really the only reason I enjoyed it. Bad-mediocre story. But hey see it anyway! Support Pokémon!

15. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I hope we get a longer, more adult cut on Blu-ray someday. There were some jump cuts that were borderline unintelligible, which I think signals that there's a better, different movie out there somewhere

16. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Hahahaha oh duh. Yeah now I can’t recall if it implied his dad had been a detective for a while before Tim was born or not.

Lol now I need to know if Rita Ora was good or bad!!

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I think Rita Ora’s character could go either way. Howard mentions that Harry should have taken the money and walked away but he didn’t. If Harry didn’t know the full the truth about why he was catching Mewtwo then maybe Rita didn’t know either?

While she mentioned the ‘R’ gas, she could have not known what it was going to be used for.

18. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

411D4D25-6D53-47B8-B7D9-1812AB5F0059.jpeg

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Hardcore Rita Ora fans will not be happy with her screen time in it

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

thankfully I don't think there are too many of those

ghostedaway and Maybevictor like this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

also it's a bummer how they used Howard's disability from the dramatic reveal of him being in a wheelchair to how it drove the plot

22. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

This was.... interesting.

Great character design throughout and bits of Pokémon Easter eggs / lore here and there

23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Was it a dramatic reveal? It makes sense for that to be one of his reasons for wanting to switch bodies into Pokémon as well.

24. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

:pikachu:

My friend

25. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

If you manage your expectations and understand that it's made for kids first, you'll have some fun! And if you really like Pokemon, there is a lot that will make you very, very happy. My grown up brain knows that it is mostly just a servicable family film but oh man, the Pokemon are so great. Justice Smith and Ryan Reynolds acquit themselves nicely too.

The Mr. Mime scene goes somewhere I did not expect and I am so glad that the filmmakers were able to get him in.

SpyKi, michael_gatto and Matt like this.