Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (Rob Letterman, May 10, 2019) Movie • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by justin., Jan 29, 2018.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'd say it's worth it if you enjoyed the gameboy games as a kid. It's pretty much the same exact game as Pokemon Yellow, and to me, the only differences are improvements that don't take away from the game at all. I'm not sure why but I kind of forgot about this game around the 5th or 6th gym badge. No real reason in particular, though, I just suck at following through on videogames and get distracted lol

2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

There is like under 10 people in the theater right now.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I enjoyed this. Probably not something I would rewatch again and again, but it was fun.

4. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I was going to go straight from work but the screens round here are sold out! Hopefully make it to a late showing tonight. Take some edibles before hand, probably cry with joy

5. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

It was fun. As long as a Pokémon was on the screen I was happy haha. I got Snubbull and Pikachu in my card pack, wonder if you get different ones

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

This movie shows that the Pokémon universe definitely has potential. I enjoyed the cinematography and all of the Pokémon. Some of the dialogue (Lucy’s first scene) is terrible and a few scenes could have had more depth but that’s my biggest complaints.

I am excited for the Mewtwo spin-off that is apparently being worked on. The movie states that Mewtwo was created 20 years ago in Kanto so there will be plenty to work with.

8. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Thought this was fine. Hardly anybody in the theater though, I was surprised about that. My 4 year old loved it and that made me excited because I’ve been trying to get him into Pokémon since before he was born.

9. kbeef2 May 9, 2019
    (Last edited: May 9, 2019)
    kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

GREAT production design and character animation, solid direction and performances, awful script. Ultimately enjoyed it but something I don’t see myself ever coming back to.

My theater was also almost completely empty

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  10. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

My theater was very full haha. I had a lot of fun with it.

11. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

My theater for tomorrow only had 4 seats left when I bought my tickets

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I had fun with this. Wasn’t amazing by any means but it was enjoyable. I wish we saw more variety in Pokémon though.

13. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

The best part is definitely the world they built. It never felt weird at all seeing a Pokémon. And watching it I felt like this is an actual world and not like I was just watching a fantasy movie.

14. DickyCullz

just want to introduce people to this incredible song by JME

15. Dog with a Blog

Didn’t end up watching this. Will try soon. But I did see the openin credits and am disappointed it didn’t open with this

trevorshmevor and DickyCullz like this.
  16. DickyCullz

About to watch. Cinema gave out the trading cards. I AM HYPED

17. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Just got back from watching this.

I love the world the film created and I am all in for any future live action Pokemon movies. The way the filmmakers created realistic Pokémon and seamlessly worked them into the movie via CGI was wonderful. That being said, Detective Pikachu’s plot was weak and I guessed the movie’s twist correctly after seeing the first trailers for it.

In all, the movie wasn’t amazing but it made me happy.

18. DickyCullz

This. Story and script were weak but the world is amazing. Give me a Gen 1 Pokemon trainer movie!

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It is pretty amazing that this technically lives in the same universe as “Home Alone.”

SteveLikesMusic, Matt and DickyCullz like this.
  20. Movie was perfect the Pokémon looked amazing and it was funnier than I anticipated

SpyKi and coleslawed like this.
  21. Plus I got free cards

coleslawed and DickyCullz like this.
  22. DickyCullz

I got a shiny Snubbull and a shiny Detective Pikachu in the card pack

Drew Beringer likes this.
  23. I’m going again this weekend - I got a shiny pikachu coffee break and lickitung

24. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

My theater was packed last night for it. It was overall a super fun movie and what I expected.

25. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

This was fun and now I am sad that Pikachu don't exist in our world because I want to squeeze one :(