Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (Rob Letterman, May 10, 2019) Movie • Page 15

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by justin., Jan 29, 2018.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Burger King will have toys if you’re into that

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Like the cool ones we used to have with the collectible pokeball? I meant like when they gave out cards or posters at the theatre haha

Davjs likes this.
  3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I can see them doing a promotional card since they released a set for this movie

justin. likes this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Just plastic toys that kids will forget about the next day lol

It would be awesome if there are promotional items at the cinemas (and there might be because Warner Bros did promotional items for the first three animated films) but we don’t know anything yet.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  5. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Do you know which ones I'm talking about? During the first movie Burger King would give you these big pokeballs and you wouldn't know what was inside until you opened it. I remember getting cubone and looking around to see everyone else getting a different one, they were pretty nice compared to the later ones.

6. Bane

The spiciest meme

I remember I think it was McDonald's had a Pokemon promotion going on back in the day, don't remember if it was for the movie or just general Pokemon first blowing up in the US. It was a little plush figure inside a Pokeball, and I got Gyarados who I hadn't really known that Pokemon yet and I was so stoked.

Unless I'm mis-remembering and this is what you're talking about and I was at Burger King not McDonald's lol

7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

It was KFC and or Taco Bell, I know what you mean because I got a Seal plushie and an ivysaur toy that squirt water. It was at a KFC Taco Bell combo so I'm not sure if it was either or both, I remember Taco Bell had cool toys for awhile so probably them? It was first time I ever saw or heard of Pokémon. Those were really cool too. The Burger King toys inside the pokeball were different, mostly plastic but sculpted really well.

8. Bane

The spiciest meme

Hmm maybe it was Taco Bell then yea

9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

It was Burger King, according to this video. I never got any of the Burger King plushies, only all the other variations. Taco Bell definitely made way nicer, better quality plushies though. I had that seal forever.

Davjs and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I don't think I got any of the plushies from the BK set. Gyarados would've been nice haha

justin. and PeacefulOrca like this.
  11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

ghostedaway likes this.
  13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I for sure had the Zubat

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I remember BK having a pokeball with a gold card inside. I still have my Mewtwo gold card but not the pokeball

smowashere and PeacefulOrca like this.
  15. I know absolutely nothing about Pokémon but this looks like it’ll be good haha

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea, that was a thing. They were always sold out so I never got one haha

17. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I really hope they cram in tons of pokemon in the background of as many scenes as possible

Leftandleaving and Davjs like this.
  18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Tickets next week?

896637B8-EE6F-47DB-9C5D-C795B0EBFF6E.jpeg

20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

DBF78D77-4ABF-44A6-9E7D-0014ECA27EDF.jpeg

PeacefulOrca and Davjs like this.
  21. Bane

The spiciest meme

I'm slightly uncomfortable with that Arcanine

Davjs likes this.
  22. Is it just me, or does that Mewtwo look buff as hell?

Dog with a Blog and Davjs like this.
  23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Gyarados!

24. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

im gunna watch this 11 times

Dog with a Blog and jordalsh like this.
  25. GBlades

Trusted

This looks just fantastic, I never thought I'd still be excited for a Pokémon movie at 29!