Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PledgeMusic Headed for Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 9, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Benji Rogers, writing on Medium:

I went back into PledgeMusic just over three months ago as a volunteer to try and help the board and team turn around and sell the company, but I am sad to report that this effort has not met with success and that PledgeMusic will shortly be heading into administration.

I cannot begin to appreciate how all of you affected artists are feeling about this and I am deeply sorry for what you have been through.

I ask all of the fans to please understand the awful and near impossible situation that this has put the artists that you love and supported in, and as such I ask you to bear with them as they do their best to make any obligations to you right.

2. xburningcoffin

KC

I’ve purchased a handful of albums through this platform and have been very satisfied with my experience. I waited a long time for a lot of projects to come to fruition, which seemed like it was artist-related. It now looks as though PM was involved with delays. The most recent project I funded was Swervedriver’s latest, despite the fact they won’t be paid by PM, they still pushed forward and paid out of their pockets for the pledges to be fulfilled (commendable gesture if you ask me). Bummer to anyone who pledged and won’t receive anything. Worse for the artists who worked and paid for things they won’t see any returns on.

3. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Apparently they took money from artists on the way down

4. Raku

Regular

Wow, such a great idea poorly executed.

Hopefully the artists, and fans find a way to either be reimbursed or somehow are able to complete said projects from outside help.