Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PlayStation 5 Coming in 2020

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The PlayStation 5 will be coming in time for the 2020 holidays.

Since we originally unveiled our next-generation console in April, we know that there’s been a lot of excitement and interest in hearing more about what the future of games will bring. Today I’m proud to share that our next-generation console will be called PlayStation 5, and we’ll be launching in time for Holiday 2020.

2. Something about this feels so insane to me. Maybe it's because I forgot the PS4 was a thing, hahaha

3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe 2020 is the year I get back into gaming... sold my 360 about 6 years ago after our first kid. Bought an Oculus Quest when it came out but returned that about 2 weeks in.

4. thechetearly

Regular

Just bought a PS4 a few months ago (have a Switch that I play on and off) and honestly, it's INCREDIBLE. The games are just so, so sick. I've heard that PS5 will be backwards compatible so definitely hold off until that's confirmed / nah. The PS4 prices will get slashed in 2020 and the graphics and games will still be as good as ever.

dustman likes this.
  5. AMC

Regular

I always wonder...what's better, Xbox or PlayStation?

Brent likes this.
  6. Time flies. I'm still stuck in the Wii / Xbox 360 / PS3 gen, bar a few Switch games. Perhaps it's time to finally get back into gaming.

7. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

The answer is whatever console the majority of your friends have, at least in my experience.

DrAlanGrant, Orla, 333 GANG and 3 others like this.
  8. defmytones

Regular

I think it’s pretty cool they’re talking about this so far in advance rather openly. Obviously design and detailed specs will come later but it’s a bit unusual for a game console maker to have these diary updates of sorts, let alone Sony.

9. chcougar1

Trusted

depends on the exclusives you prefer. I’m PS all the way.

thechetearly and BoldType like this.
  10. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Detailed specs are pretty much revealed already for both systems.

11. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Can't wait to get a cheap PS4 & Spider-Man in 2020, lol.

thechetearly, jorbjorb and Brent like this.
  12. pbueddi

Trusted

Still some fantastic games coming to PS4. I bet The Last Of Us Part 2 will be cross-gen in some form.

13. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

And haven't they already been doing pre-sales? It kinda baffles me people would give Sony money so far in advance.

14. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

They have not started pre-sales yet.

15. bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

I bought a used PS4 in 2018 specifically just to play Spider-Man, the game was incredible but after nearly 100%'ing it I sold the console for some extra money since no other game interested me. Spider-Man is absolutely amazing though, it's one of my favorite interpretations of the character ever. I'm probably going to pick up that game & a PS4 again when everything's super cheap just to play it again.

Tim likes this.
  16. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

My mistake. Not sure why I thought that.

17. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I've had a PS4 since launch, the first year or two I coasted on the same few games but they have put out a lot of great stuff on the system, not to mention all the remasters could keep you busy forever.

Will definitely be getting the new console.

18. AMC

Regular

I'm not sure about PS4 but I did get a Xbox for 150 bucks at target last Christmas for my nephew. They definitely do drop in a price.

19. pbueddi

Trusted

Hot take: PS4 will probably go down as my favorite Sony console.

thechetearly likes this.
  20. bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

Yeah, vanilla Xbox Ones seem to be pretty cheap now.