Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Placebo Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, May 23, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

[​IMG]

Needs to be a thread on this band.

Favorite album? For me, it's Meds and it isn't even close.

2. Horrorca

Trusted

Without You I'm Nothing - no contest

B Molko is such an underrated guitar player - the sickest riffs and all sorts of weird alternate tunings

saw them live once and they were amazing

unfortunately, I can't get behind anything after Sleeping with Ghosts

3. airik625

I've always wanted to see them live. Without You I'm Nothing is my second favorite.

4. airik625

New box set + EP up for preorder.

Not a new full length, but rather a compilation.

Placebo

A Place For Us To Dream
    Life's What You Make It

Wish there was more new material included within these releases. However, I'm always excited to listen to Placebo, so I'm curious to hear these other versions. This band has one of the most extensive b-sides and rarities collection. Smashing Pumpkins may have more though.

5. Horrorca

Trusted

was listening to BMM last night, so many great songs but black eyed and slave to the wage are prob my favorite from that one

6. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Special Needs is one of my favorite songs ever, just a simple melody but so moving

7. Horrorca

Trusted

also just realized they sampled Pavement on Slave to the Wage

8. Maverick

Trusted

This band changed my life since the moment I heard “Every You Every Me” on the Cruel Intentions soundtrack. This band was also the main reason my wife showed any interest in me. I remember tryin to talk to her and she was kind of disinterested til we started talking about favorite bands and when I mentioned Placebo her eyes lit up and the rest is history..

As for the band, Without You I’m Nothing will always be my favorite album (My wife is Black Market Music) but after Meds I wasn’t much into their music, but still appreciate some of the songs. Saw them live last time they were in America, they put on a great show. It’s too bad they rarely come here though, but it’s time for a new album already it’s been quite awhile!

9. First single in five years:

10. MathiasGeleyn

Regular

It's a good return, definitly sounds like Placebo.

11. Horrorca

Trusted

oh boy! while I don’t love the post-Sleeping albums they continue to churn out some great songs

will listen later today

skogsraet likes this.
  12. Maverick

Trusted

Happy that they’re finally back!

skogsraet likes this.
  13. Maverick

Trusted

Wasn’t big on Beautiful James but Surrounded By Spies is some of their best work since Meds. They still got it!

skogsraet likes this.