Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pitchfork Music Festival 2022 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Mar 8, 2022.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

2. Jon Mar 8, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 17, 2022)
    Jon

Regular

The National, Spiritualized, Parquet Courts, Tkay Maidza, Spirit of the Beehive, Spellling, Cupcakke

Mitski, Japanese Breakfast, Low, Magdalena Bay, Iceage, yeule, Arooj Aftab, The Armed, Jeff Parker and the New Breed

The Roots, Earl Sweatshirt, Noname, Badbadnotgood, Injury Reserve, L'Rain, Pink Siifu

That looks like quite a bit of fun.

3. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I’m in

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Saturday is great, what a trio at the top. Plus some others I've been meaning to check out. I'll for sure be there at least that day.

Friday, I don't like the National at all but I really need to see Tierra Whack again, especially since she was just at the House of Vans but I couldn't get tickets. Parquet Courts, Tkay Maidza, SPIRIT OF THE BEEHIVE, Camp Cope, and Wiki are all pretty cool too, but I've only listened to them casually, I can't decide if it's worth the PTO day.

Sunday is cool too but I can't decide if it's enough to get me to commit to 3 days.

If I could get a Tierra aftershow confirmed this would be an easier decision. Maybe I'll sell my Mitski tickets for Milwaukee and just go for it.

5. Jim

Trusted Supporter

ill probably go friday and saturday, let my old ass body recover on sunday

6. I'd love to go Saturday... but I have a friend's wedding that day.

7. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Looks great

8. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Saturday is fucking awesome. Friday I only truly care about Indigo De Souza and Camp Cope but some others would be fun (The National, Tierra Whack, Cupcakke)

9. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Friday is good enough, The National will definitely be my priority that day.

Saturday fucks. Holy shit. I can’t say enough.

Sunday will be fun. That’s about it. Easy day to end the weekend on.

10. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

Hoping that The National have new material soon since they are headlining

11. Jim

Trusted Supporter

they were headlining in 2020 before it got cancelled so who knows

bradpetrik likes this.
  12. Tifoil

ñ

Definetly grabbing a ticket for Saturday. Mitski, Japanese Breakfast, Lucy Dacus, Karate, Iceage and Chubby and the Gang would make the ticket price worth it!

Maybe I will go Friday for The National

13. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

They have been recording.

Jim likes this.
  14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Aftershows announced

upload_2022-6-7_10-41-44.jpeg

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Damn I was really really hoping for a Tierra Whack aftershow :( bummed I won't be able to see her

16. Tifoil

ñ

Is it possible to grab a cheap ticket on Friday evening? I might only be able to get there to catch The National set

17. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I did the year beach house headlined, but I dont think theyd have the demand the national would have

Tifoil likes this.
  18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

You should be apple to find a cheap 3 day pass closer to the festival. I paid under $100 for a three day resale in 2019.

Tifoil likes this.
  19. Tifoil

ñ

Thats pretty good! I was going to wait and buy a Saturday ticket the day of, but now I know what to look for!

20. Tifoil

ñ

21. Tifoil

ñ

My main conflicts are Lucy Dacus vs Karate and Magdalena Bay vs Iceage.

Hopefullt I might be able to arrive early enough on Friday to catch Camp Cope set

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m probably just going to go Saturday. Going Friday at the moment would require me to take off work to see some of the acts that I want to see Friday (Camp Cope, Spirit of the Beehive, SPELLLING) and I don’t think it’s worth it.

23. Jim

Trusted Supporter

probably going to get there for PC before the national friday. i don't want to take off work either for the stuff prior to them.

24. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I typically take Monday off after a festival but I feel like Sunday is so weak for me on the whole that I can work Monday. Might reconsider taking Friday off, too.

25. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Think I'm gonna go later on Friday too