Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pitchfork Music Festival 2021 Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Jan 6, 2020.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

$55 in fees should not be a thing!

2. Jim

Trusted Supporter

haha I got my wife and I tickets and after seeing that $110 in fees made me want to spike my computer

3. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I’ve never bought a ticket faster in my life then when I saw that Sunday lineup lmao. I’ve been dying to see Big Theif, Phoebe, and Dogleg. The National is the sweetest cherry you could top that with.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  4. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

No thank you for those fees lol

5. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Fees are going to be bad for almost every festival in Chicago. The entertainment tax is super high.

I'm happy to have gotten in at early bird pricing.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

So with Summerfest and the Olympics postponing, are we thinking this gets postponed? If other events in June/July are getting postponed...

7. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I suspect it will be. Summerfest is the biggest tell when it comes to July festivals. I also think Lolla will have to be pushed back, too. Can't have people traveling if there are still local outbreaks.

8. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Weird look to still be promoting the fest without any word on the potential for it to be cancelled. I mean I know they may just be waiting to be forced to cancel but at least Lolla has given a few updates and alluded to the fact that it (Lolla) may not happen this year.

10. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I agree but yeah, they're waiting for the city or state to make their call so they can claim insurance.

11. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Annnnnd...it's canceled.

12. Jim

Trusted Supporter

not surprising but fuckkkkk this sucks

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Bummer. They had a good lineup this year. Do you all think they will try and retain as much of the lineup as possible for next year or will it be completely different?

14. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

They may actually benefit from this and be able to get a lot of the same acts. Seems most artists are pushing out touring plans for a year.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  15. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

This has been evident since the start of the pandemic, but the sting will never cease. That Sunday lineup was so good and the first time in years I was going to experience a fest with my high school friends. I am sad but there’s bigger problems in the world.

MacbethSin likes this.
  16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

September eyed for Pitchfork Music Festival in Chicago

They are looking at moving to the weekend of September 10-12. This would be the week before Riot (and also the week after the World Music Festival which comes the week after the Jazz fest). I have a wedding that weekend so I would not be able to go (if things are normal then) but even if I could, back to back major festivals (and the other ones I mentioned because that's a lot of tourism/traffic) is...a lot. I don't really get what they were thinking. There's definitely quite a bit of crossover between both fests and people aren't going to want to spend hundreds of dollars at one festival and then immediately go spend hundreds the weekend after.

Thoughts?

17. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I do not think we’ll have COVID remotely under control this year with the vaccine delays and new strains, so doubt it will happen.

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Why not just wait until 2022 when things will be normal and people will be more comfortable?

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

20. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

BUY BUY BUY

21. Jim

Trusted Supporter

LOVE friday and saturday

22. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Didn’t even bat an eye at the price. I had tickets last year, had them refunded, and immediately bought these. I’m there.

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Really bummed I can't go this year, but I think this is one of the best lineups so far this year.

24. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Very tempted to do Friday.

25. I can't do the whole weekend but I'm considering Saturday for Bartees/Waxahatchee/St. Vincent.