Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pitchfork Music Festival 2021 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Jan 6, 2020.

1. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I think it’s most likely.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  2. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Bon Iver / Thom Yorke / Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Fronnyfron likes this.
  3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Thom is playing the United Center in April. I could see the rest though.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Just in terms of semantics, I really doubt Pitchfork will ever have an all white men top 3 again (if they ever did at all)

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They seem to like having an African American “old school” hip hop/R&B artist as at least one of the headliners the past few years.

6. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I doubt Bon Iver plays. Eaux Claires is going to happen this year and he's got this wild plan to play a show in every Wisconsin county for the election. Not sure how much that's been planned out but I wouldn't be surprised if he did it.

7. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Now I’m thinking if the two dates sell out really fast The Format May play Pitchfork.

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I really don't think there's currently anything else on the books for the Format. I get strong vibes that they're just doing this handful of shows, possibly as a feeler to see where interest level is at.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  10. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Based on RATM tour dates it seems that RTJ is possibly a lock for Pitchfork.

11. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Same weekend and four hours away. I’d guess lots of overlap.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  12. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

I'd say billed 8-10 at Lollapalooza or returning as a headliner at Riot Fest.

13. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Not playing either 7/17 or 7/18 is what really suggests it to me. But they do have some off dates around Lolla. We'll know soon enough.

14. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

I'm thinking maybe Underworld could headline this thing?

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I wonder if the lineup is coming wednesday. Early bird pricing ends that day, and they imply single day tickets are going on sale. I don't see how you sell single day tickets without a lineup

16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They are hosting 15 year anniversary shows this week too at the Chicago Athletic Association, and the first show is on Wednesday, so that would make sense.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Really nervous cus I can't go Friday or Saturday, so I really want Sunday to be good and I don't want there to be anything too huge for me. Mostly nervous about Lana.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Lana on Friday and Janelle on Saturday to make Matt angry let’s go

(just kidding)

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

On a real note, I’m still stumped on who is playing this thing. Big Thief seems like a lock and possibly Waxahatchee since she has no Chicago date on her tour. Beach Bunny seems likely since they’ve done Lolla and Riot, but I’m stumped on anyone else.

bradpetrik likes this.
  20. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

That was my thought. I'm debating on if I should bother with early birds and chance it.

I'm always stumped about Pitchfork. Usually what happens is I get like four acts that I want to see and a lot of things that wouldn't interest me otherwise. Fingers crossed my tastes have changed a bit so I get some better coverage.

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It's very hit or miss from me, but there's always something that's exciting to me.

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Same. Last year had some good acts: Snail Mail, Soccer Mommy, Charli XCX, Jay Som, Kurt Vile, etc. but the headliners were lackluster.

23. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed. I already had family plans or else I would have been there at least one day the past few years.

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

At this point I think it's safe to assume there will be some sort of "legacy" act a la Brian Wilson, Mavis Staples, Chaka Khan, Lauryn Hill, etc.

25. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Curiously, more Bright Eyes dates with nothing in the midwest. They aren't booked for any of the three Chicago festivals but I want to believe that Lolla and Riot Fest are out because of the European tour starting just after and ending just before their festival dates.

Also, all of July is open. Would not be surprised if Pitchfork gets the first midwestern date and the rest are announced later.