Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pitchfork Music Festival 2018 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by mgiannotti, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Zola Jesus and Julie Byrne too? So damn stacked

2. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

That Julie Byrne album from last year is amazing. And isn’t TWOD a headliner?

3. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Ugh, this lineup is absurd. I kind of wish I had opted to do this over the Charli XCX Pop 2 show.

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

nope, no headliner announced today

5. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Huh, thought them and Courtney were headlining for some reason. Friday is stacked, hope Tame Impala and Courtney don’t overlap

6. cwhit

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Pitchfork usually has their headliners play unopposed, so there shouldn't be any worries there.

8. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Any bands coming through Chicago in the next week that would cause them to delay the announcement?

9. cwhit

nah, has nothing to do with it i imagine.

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I just hope it wasn't an issue of someone backing out last minute. Kind of sucks if the headliner isn't who it was supposed to be.

11. cwhit

[​IMG]

this is disappointing tbh

12. There’s enough I want to see on Friday to make that day worth it for me. Not much I’m interested in on Saturday, and I’d really like to see Japandroids and Nnamdi on Sunday.

13. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Yeah after the first 2 announcements, I was expecting a little more tbh. Def won't be heading out unless I win free tickets or travel somehow.

14. cwhit

it's a good festival it's just generic and boring which pitchfork rarely does

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Friday is just so stacked and Saturday feels more meh to me. I wish those days were switched cus then I'd just show up after work Friday and then enjoy all day Saturday. Now I have to take Friday off and then Saturday I'm not even going to be all that excited. Sunday is pretty good, and it will be nice to not have to like rush to get there, but still have a lot I want to see. I am excited for the Noname and Blood Orange adds, but that's about all I'm excited about (except for Fleet Foxes but I was expecting that). It should still be fun though, and I still have to dig through the early day stuff that I'm unfamiliar with. I'm sure there's a few artists on here that I'm excited about I just don't know yet.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Chaka and Lauryn though or probably more accurately Chaka and maybe Lauryn at some point

17. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Friday and Sunday are awesome, but there's literally nothing on Saturday I'd watch, aside from Kelela.

18. cwhit

saturday is good, blood orange, kelela, moses sumney, girlpool, TWOD, fleet foxes. it's just not exciting

19. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

yeah honestly there's no one day that really excites me, everything is pretty spread out. I could easily make a one day dream lineup out of everyone there though

20. cwhit

yeah for sure. it's definitely a good lineup with lots of good bands it's just not exciting as a whole. pretty generic festival lineup.

i'm pretty sold on boston calling at this point

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Blood Orange, War On Drugs, and Fleet Foxes is definitely a decent top 3, but I never got all that into War on Drugs and I saw Fleet Foxes in October.

My biggest problem is that normally at a festival I like to see headliners I haven't seen before. This is one of the first fests I've gone to where I've seen the headliners I like (Tame Impala & Fleet Foxes), and don't really care about the other one (Lauryn Hill). I'm not saying Lauryn Hill is bad or anything, I've just never listened to much of her.

22. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

I was sold on this anyway, but kaityln aurelia smith, blood orange, and lauryn hill are amazing adds. If this year is similar to last year’s schedule then I’ll have to choose between blood orange and TWOD, which sucks. There’s a lot of overlap with this and boston calling though, was expecting more

23. cwhit

i like boston calling's higher end (though not the highest end) much more than this too, haha

24. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Oh yeah, BC is the best festival this year so far easily. I’m staying with a friend in Chicago and this fest is fairly cheap compared to most others. If I miss any lower tier BS sets, I can just see them here which is the nice part about going to both haha

25. cwhit

the best festival this year is sasquatch (in the states at least) and it's not close

[​IMG]