Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pitchfork Music Festival 2017 Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Dec 21, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Dec 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 10, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

FRIDAY
    LCD Soundsystem, Dirty Projectors, Danny Brown, Thurston Moore Group, Vince Staples, Arca, Kamaiyah, Hiss GoldenMessenger, Frankie Cosmos, William Tyler, D∆WN, Priests, Madame Gandhi

SATURDAY
    A Tribe Called Quest, PJ Harvey, Angel Olsen, the Feelies, George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic, Mitski, Madlib, Arab Strap, S U R V I V E, Francis and the Lights, Weyes Blood, Jeff Rosenstock, Cherry Glazerr, Vagabon

SUNDAY
    Solange, Nicolas Jaar, the Avalanches, Ride, American Football, Isaiah Rashad, Hamilton Leithauser, Pinegrove, Jamila Woods, Colin Stetson, Derrick Carter, Joey Purp, NE-HI, Kilo Kish

2. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Bump. Headliners were announced today.

7/14 - LCD Soundsystem
    7/15 - A Tribe Called Quest
    7/16 - Solange

kidinthebushes likes this.
  3. ALT/MSC/FAN

Has anyone ever been? I'm mapping out my plans for this summer and I'm debating doing Friday and Saturday (would love to do Sunday, but I'm sure I'd have to be back for work).

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I've never been but I'm going this year. I've heard it's a lot of fun and just the headliners alone justified the 3 day for me. Also really excited for Mitski and Pinegrove (who are both heavily rumored). Should be a great weekend, especially if LCD has some new tunes out by then.

5. ALT/MSC/FAN

Mitski has a date in Grand Rapids, MI on 7/12 so I'd be she's in.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

it's the best festival and the lineup is always better than pretty much any other one
    i went 2012 and 2016.

7. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

It felt a little overcrowded at times last year but it's worth checking out

8. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

When is the lineup supposed to be announced? Sorry if it has been posted already.

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

They've been kind of vague. They announced the headliners last Monday, but the rest of the lineup is supposed to be coming probably within the next week or two. I wouldn't be surprised to see it Friday or Monday. Not sure what the hold up is, but I'd think they'd want to get it out before the Lolla lineup comes out.

Daniel182 likes this.
  10. Jim

Trusted Supporter

its being announced right now

11. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I just impulse bought a ticket to this. $175 for 3 days is so value, makes travel and accommodations much easier to swallow for me. And the lineup that they're slowly revealing is great so far.

12. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Friday, July 14 sees performances from LCD Soundsystem, Dirty Projectors, Danny Brown, Thurston Moore Group, Vince Staples, Arca, Kamaiyah, Hiss Golden Messenger, Frankie Cosmos, William Tyler, D∆WN, Priests, and Madame Gandhi.

Saturday, July 15 features A Tribe Called Quest, PJ Harvey, Angel Olsen, the Feelies, George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic, Mitski, Madlib, Arab Strap, S U R V I V E, Francis and the Lights, Weyes Blood, Jeff Rosenstock, Cherry Glazerr, and Vagabon.

Sunday features Solange, Nicolas Jaar, the Avalanches, Ride, American Football, Isaiah Rashad, Hamilton Leithauser, Pinegrove, Jamila Woods, Colin Stetson, Derrick Carter, Joey Purp, NE-HI, and Kilo Kish.

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This is really solid.. If I wasn't doing Riot Fest and possibly Lolla I would go

14. ALT/MSC/FAN

Fuuuuuck this is great.

Really considering doing Friday and Saturday. If Sunday had a little more I'd love to do the whole weekend.

15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Really hope Tribe does a full tour.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  16. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Oh my, that is quite diverse and pretty. Friday and Sunday are STACKED

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea this is fantastic. only downside is Friday is stacked but I probably won't be able to get there until 5/6

18. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Fuck I just wanna see Pinegrove play a club show lol.

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Really really hope they'll do an aftershow. I hope Mitski does one too. A 45 minute set or whatever they end up getting won't cut it for me.

20. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Yeah, I mean id love to branch out my music tastes and see a bunch of artists on the bill in addition to Pinegrove, but I just don't have the cash to front for it now. Combined with the fact I was out of town for Lolla/Pinegrove's after show last year, Andrea then they had to drop the Kevin Devine date in Chicago as well

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That's totally understandable. Luckily I've been planning on going to Pitchfork all year so I was able to make it work, but it does suck when bands you want to see end up at expensive festivals. I really really lucked out with that Kevin Devine tour because I was in Michigan for work when that tour rolled through and the venue was like 15 minutes from my hotel, so I was planning to go to that anyway, even before Pinegrove dropped Chicago. I think it was the last show they played before Evan had to leave.

I really do think they'll do an aftershow though, so you have a good chance! If not, I'm sure they'll be doing a fall tour. I'd love a Pinegrove aftershow with Jeff Rosenstock opening. Idk if that makes as much sense to anyone else as it does to me, but I'd love it.

cubsml34 and VanMastaIteHab like this.
  22. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

That's like a dream show for me.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  23. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

flight, hostel, and tickets BOUGHT. YEET.

cwhit likes this.
  24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

have fun, was a blast both times i've been

25. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

going to this and boston calling this summer, i'm trying to travel a lot this summer before i have to be an adult or something like that