Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Rønning/Sandberg, May 26, 2017) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Oct 4, 2016.

1. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

The guillotine scene was awesome.

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  2. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Not as good as the first two but I definitely enjoyed this movie. Kind of fell apart in the third act but the first half of the movie is a lot of fun.

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Brent likes this.
  4. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I liked this movie plenty - absolutely has its flaws - but I don't think it deserves the negative responses I'm seeing online. Few cool surprises in there as well! The two new leads were great!

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  5. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I enjoyed it! I also went in with the mindset of a summer flick and not much more, so it's good for what it is worth.

6. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Just saw this, loved it like I love the others. I've always been big into pirate lore so the pleasure I get from watching these movies is "ok so which pirate myth are they going to frame this one with" with this one using the Ghost navy, Salazar, the trident of Poseidon, the Devils Triangle, and other small little lore points I won't spoil here as the main drive of the plot. Quite liked the action and the characters are fine even if I despise Depp as a person I do find Sparrow quite endearing, even if he's one of the most boring pirates in the Mythos they make him a like-able and clever character.

7. dlemert

Trusted

Finally got around to this and it was big dumb fun and I can't help but think marathoning all 5 movies in a weekend would be a blast.

8. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

9. Landrick Robert

Stay Gold

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Disney insiders say Reese and Wernick are no longer working on a sixth installment in the swashbuckler series that has grossed $4.5 billion in worldwide box office and $2.5 billion more in global merchandise since it first set sail in 2003… Insiders are divided about what happens next. Some say a search is already underway for replacement options, others say the once-proud flagship of Disney’s live-action fleet may be headed to dry-dock for good

Brent likes this.