Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pink Tops the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Pink as the number one album in the country this week:

It launches with a larger-than-expected 408,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Oct. 19, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 384,000 were in traditional album sales — the best sales week of the year among all acts.

For those curious, Knuckle Puck and The Front Bottoms both sold around 9,000 copies.

2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

DAMN. That's awesome. She's got a ridiculous voice.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

last TFB did 11k

4. aniafc

Trusted

yeah I was thinking these sales have gotta be a little disappointing for TFB right?

5. cwhit

every FBR release has underperformed this year

cosmickid likes this.
  6. btr

Trusted Supporter

TFB also had way better promo last year. That's FBR for ya

7. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

What do you think is going wrong? If you have any insight at all haha

8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

These Pink sales are wild. I never hear about her and I frequent a lot of music places. I feel like it'll be forgotten about by next year

9. cwhit

they're currently transitioning management in the label so that could be part of it. guess we'll find out next year

cosmickid likes this.
  10. SoundInTheSignals

@Bake_Wear / soundinthesignals.com

Those Knuckle Puck numbers seem a little low. I figured they might come in around 11-13k.

I wonder if their hype has died down some (it seems like they had a ton of hype leading up to the album) or if the bad production was a factor in sales. Or am I just overestimating how well they should do?

11. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

Front Bottoms album is up there as one of my faves of 2017. And KP haven’t missed a beat with this one Either, it’s more of the same but it sounds damn good still.

12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Prob not honestly. She'll probably tour on it long and hard and I'm sure the singles will fair well. The people love Pink. It probably won't make a huge pop culture impact but I can see it selling steadily

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  13. CheapPop

Regular

If I'm not mistaken, I think their last album didn't sell 9,000 copies, so I think that number is pretty decent. They are still a pretty young band and their shows seem to get bigger and bigger each time they go out in tour.

Edit:

So I just looked at the Wikipedia for Copacetic and it sold just over 8k, so this essentially did around the same. I guess you could say you would expect to see more, but I think this band is just getting started. Now if by the next album the sales are the same then they might be in trouble.

SoundInTheSignals likes this.
  14. I bet they have one more album in them before they break up ... no one cares about this band.

jorbjorb and Joe4th like this.
  15. SoundInTheSignals

@Bake_Wear / soundinthesignals.com

I think they have a decent fan base. I guess looking at the numbers it isn't massive. It also doesn't seem to be expanding to the levels I expected for this album. Any chance you'd do a little deeper dive on this album on an upcoming podcast? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

16. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Decent stats for KP. Album is pretty great.

[​IMG]

GooberSandwich likes this.