Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pink Floyd • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kupe, Oct 11, 2017.

1. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve been listening to Animals every day this week, the anger/aggression/bleakness is perfectly fitting for the times. Easily my favorite Pink Floyd record and probably Gilmour’s best performance.

coleslawed, Rowan5215 and phaynes12 like this.
  2. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

hell yeah. I don't think it hangs together as well as WYWH, but a song by song basis Animals is insane. "Dogs" is easily top 5 Floyd for me

waking season likes this.
  3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

pigs (three different ones) too

Rowan5215 and waking season like this.
  4. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Animals is easily their most underrated

5. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The ending of Sheep is so fucking triumphant

Rowan5215 likes this.
  6. Rowan5215

Wright and Gilmour absolutely deserved writing credits on "Sheep" for the intro and outro respectively. best damn parts of the song, fuck you Roger

7. Rowan5215

YOU

FUCKED. UP. OLD. HAAAAAAAAAAAAG

8. Maverick

Trusted

“One Of These Days” is a trip, that ones clicking more these days.. They really started to figure themselves out on Meddle. Love those eerie guitar sounds on “Echoes” and it’s pretty cool how they bring them back on “Is There Anybody Out There?” from The Wall

waking season and Rowan5215 like this.
  9. Rowan5215

Meddle is lovely, but piping hot take, I'd prefer Obscured by Clouds most days

10. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I prefer Meddle because of Echoes but I really love the breezy feel both records have. I’ve been listening to Wot’s...Uh the Deal on repeat all day.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  11. abw123

Trusted

Agree, Meddle/Obscured By Clouds is the real start of the band that we know and love.

Atom Heart Mother is listenable and decent but everything prior to that is.....not for me.

Obscured By Clouds and The Final Cut are SUPER underrated albums in the canon.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  12. Rowan5215

"Echoes" is incredible ofc, as is "Fearless" and "One of these Days". I've just never cared for the other three songs at all; I know lengthwise they're the minority but I still can't fully love an album if I'm skipping through half it's songs. On the other hand I really enjoy everything on OBC, Wright's songwriting was at its peak (ugh "Stay" and "Burning Bridges" are so goddamn good) and everyone is contributing equally before Waters started taking over everything. just a lovely little album

13. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I really love A Pillow of Winds and San Tropez, as well. Seamus is the only song that doesn’t really do it for me on Meddle and even then it’s pleasant enough. Obscured by Clouds is one of those albums that is overshadowed by what came after but is excellent in its own right.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  14. Rowan5215

I'd like to temper my previous comments by noting that "Fearless" is possibly a top 20 Floyd song, so gorgeous

also been listening to the Zabriskie Point soundtrack a lot, it's great stuff. wish the release(s) hadn't been so scattered and confusing, it has some of their best work pre-Dark Side

cshadows2887 and waking season like this.
  15. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Jerry Garcia's "Love Scene" is easily my favorite thing on that very good sountrack.

That version of "Careful with that Axe, Eugene" is awesome though.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  16. Rowan5215

def my favourite version of "Eugene" apart from maybe Live at Pompeii, both are absolutely massive

17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The last few minutes of Echoes are perfect

Maverick likes this.
  18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Roger Waters: Joe Biden is a "fucking slimeball" who can't beat Trump

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  19. Rowan5215

Blainer93 and waking season like this.
  20. Rowan5215

the footage of Rick and David messing up the lyrics on "Echoes" always makes me smile. and then David is abruptly shirtless? this movie rules

21. phaynes12

upload_2020-8-4_17-14-28.jpeg
    happy 53rd king

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

stars143, kupe and amorningofsleep like this.
  23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Lmaoooooooo

24. phaynes12

ok old man

25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Holy shit