Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pinelands Music Festival Festival • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ramomcferno, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

If CRUISR and 68 are getting bigger font on your festival poster and you're charging 50 bucks for it, you're in trouble.

2. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Wow I had no idea this was even happening. Last year's lineup looks cool, this seems baaaaaad though.

3. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

How do you do that?

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Click on the gear located next to the title of the thread at the top of the page. You'll see an "Edit Title" option. Click on that and then change the prefix from "tour" to "festival".

ramomcferno likes this.
  5. ramomcferno

Thanks a lot. You taught me something new today.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  6. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

They're now doing 4 packs of tickets that come out to 32 per ticket. Still not a great deal, but it's better than 50 or whatever it was at first.

7. There's a couple contests going on to win tickets. one through idobi radio's twitter and one on pinelands' facebook

8. soundclash

Regular

Last year was such a mess that I'm honestly surprised they're doing it again this year. It was overpriced last year with much bigger bands and no one showed. Surprised they didn't learn their lesson.

9. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I'll be over there in a little bit. Anyone else going? Hit me up if so.

I predict it will be pretty empty, especially considering the subpar weather we have going on right now. Hopefully this rain doesn't persist the whole day

10. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Interested to hear about this.

11. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I was gonna go until I saw how much it was. No thanks. Rich People, Breaking Tradition and Sleep In are all really sick bands though. Jersey Scene reppin.

12. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Looks crazy

13. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Wow that is sorta sad

14. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Such a bummer.

15. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

If I lived in Jersey I'd be there for sure. Love this lineup, but not surprised it didn't sell well. I'm sure the weather isn't helping, either.

16. ramomcferno

I feel so bad for them. I hope they can figure this out. I like having concerts in my backyard.

17. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Wondering how in the hell they're planning on paying the artists.

18. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

They'll likely make all they need in merch sales. Kids love Hawthorne Heights and Hidden In Plain View.

Wonder what the lineup will look like next year. I'll probably go to the next one.

19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

why anyone thought this would sell anything at all at this price is ridiculous
    hawthorne heights can't sell out 250 caps, HIPV i guess draws in NJ but they just did shows there didn't they? no one else would draw close to this price
    maybe 15-20 bucks at most

ramomcferno likes this.
  20. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Weather has been perfect all day since doors opened. Weather is not the issue.

The issue is it's 45-50 after fees for bands you can see for 5-10 individually and it's also in the middle of nowhere.

It has filled in since that picture ire but not that much. Maybe 400-500 total? I don't know the estimate but it's pretty empty

21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

tbh that's far more than i'd expect to be there, lol

22. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

They need a lineup next year that will draw something besides high school kids. I love HH and HIPV but barely anyone over the age of 16 cares about them.

HH has 2 gold albums. They're a big draw.

23. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

The crowds are in large part members of other bands though. If you think about the fact that there are like 30 bands on the bill it's not great. Really not many people here at all.

24. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Yeah never mind there's no way there's 400 here. Maybe more like 200

25. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I'd argue barely anyone under the age of 26 cares about either band

SaveTheEarth likes this.