Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pinelands Music Festival Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ramomcferno, Aug 15, 2016.

1. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I wish they had a few more bands I liked but I would consider going again. Especially if it would help it to grow into something bigger. This is 20 mins from my house so that is super convenient.

It will be nice to have more shows in South Jersey. I miss Hangar 84.

2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Wow, this is ridiculously niche. Cannot imagine this is going to do well at all.

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Last year's lineup.

upload_2016-8-15_12-8-31.jpeg

4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Yeah I mean is it a music festival for 200 people?

5. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Is it absurdly overpriced like last year? This will not sell well at all. Might head down to hang and see Hidden In Plain View and Prawn though

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

$48 a ticket. $40 each if you get a four pack.

7. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Yeesh. Yeah that's a lot. Going to go ahead and guess this will sell even worse than last year's lineup.

8. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Im seriously trying to understand the logic here. Who is going to pay $48 to see Hawthorne heights when they could pay about $15 and see them in a small venue?

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Holy shit. That lineup for last year is nice. This years... Umm... Na.

10. Shrek

Yeah, for real. Plus, HIPV is maybe the smallest band out of that whole batch of early 00's emo that could still be labeled successful, as good as they may be. This is just an awful idea...

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Hidden in Plain View was pretty big, at least in North Jersey. My ex was clueless about music, but her and her friends loved them.

12. Shrek

Hm, interesting. I have literally never seen them mentioned in any form outside of AP.net/chorus, and their reunion shows seemed to be smaller rooms. Good for them, though

13. marsvoltamcr Aug 15, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 15, 2016)
    marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Yeah, HIPV had a very dedicated following in PA and NJ at one time. But that was also around 2005 so I doubt the draw is there still. Personally, I like this lineup. But as others have said, this is a bit too specific in it's target audience.

The first Don't Look Down set in 10+ years is cool, though.

14. lifestartsmusic

Back For A (Not So) Limited Time Prestigious

Last year's lineup was awesome and the festival was extremely empty. I'd love to know how many tickets they did manage to sell last year. This year does nothing for me.

15. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I liked last year's lineup more but this could be fun.

16. red8ge

Regular

LOL $48 a piece is warped tour price, this is gonna tank. hawth heights and HIPV are not fest tentpoles

17. marsvoltamcr Aug 15, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 15, 2016)
    marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Yeah as much as I actually like the lineup, that's a lot for this. If I lived 15-20 minutes away and friends wanted to go, maybe. But screw that noise otherwise. Don't Look Down is the most tempting thing about this for me. I get crazy nostalgia of summer 2005 and discovering them along with MCR and all the bands on the Warped 05 compilation. This is their first show since they broke up in 2005.

HIPV and Don't Look Down are both Jersey based bands at least. Any draw that's left to squeeze out of them is going to come from their home state if anywhere.

ramomcferno likes this.
  18. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

How big of a venue is this held in? Curious what kind of crowd the organizers expect.

19. It's $54 after fees, too... Last year's was fun, but there's no way I'd pay that much to see this lineup.

20. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Honestly it's pretty huge. And if it's empty it's going to ECHOOO OOOO OOOOOOO off the trees and the open space

21. Chuck!

Regular

how big were the stages last year? I love HIPV so much that I'll probably end up at this, but I imagine it will be a disaster

22. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Just noticed that this is during Columbus Day weekend.

23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

FB_IMG_1472820749686.jpg

24. kidinthebushes

Trusted

You can change the tag of this thread from "tour" to "festival".

25. Chuck!

Regular

This festival still needs an actual headliner if they want more than 150 people there