Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pinegrove - Skylight (September 28, 2018) Album • Page 97

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Sep 27, 2017.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Pretty crazy that they and their fans completely ignored the massive backlash from the p4k article without so much as a followup/statement and continued to play those shows

Mary V, Contender, Cameron and 10 others like this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I still don’t feel the backlash is that massive. There’s a lot of artist that clearly support them still, including phoebe Bridgers and Kevin Devine, and rat boys who like their Instagram posts often.

I think that there are valid reasons to support/withdraw from both sides, feel feee to do what you want.

TheoW593 likes this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Damn if Phoebe Bridgers, Kevin Devine, and Rat Boys are down with them then I guess I can forget everything we've learned about the situation in the months following their gross comeback PR blitz and publicly stan them again myself too.

What. A. Relief.

Mary V, Joe4th, Carrow and 3 others like this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

No ones forcing you to do anything bud! Feel free to step away.

TheoW593 likes this.
  5. Anthony_

This strange and pathetic compulsion, this weird need to publicly stan people that don't deserve it, when just privately listening will draw no criticism from anyone, is something that continues to mystify me to no end.

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ll definitely consider this. Didn’t think my post was hurting anyone though. I guess I was wrong. Starting off 2019 on a great note! Happy new year bud!

TheoW593 likes this.
  7. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

:eyeroll:

aliens exist, dadbolt and Joe4th like this.
  8. Anthony_

Not as strong of a note as starting it off by liking posts about new BN leaks! Same to you!

ChaseTx, Joe4th and teebs41 like this.
  9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

good song

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow

dadbolt, Joe4th and Anthony_ like this.
  11. Anthony_

Damn.

Dirty Sanchez, dadbolt and Joe4th like this.
  12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Not even two days into the new year and some people are heavily on their bullshit already

13. I promise you don’t have to publicly admit you support or still listen to shitty bands with abusers.

14. atlas

Trusted

You’re not legally obligated to comment on people’s criticisms of this band teebs. Evan is not your pal. He’s not going to give you a cookie for continually defending him under the guise of thinly veiled both sides-ism

15. Joe4th

It's very clear you want to continue talking about Pinegrove and BN. What I don't understand is why you continue to use this site as an avenue for that, when it's been pretty well advocated that praising and pushing abuser's music is really not okay for a lot of people. There's plenty of other places that this is fine, I know there's probably plenty of FB groups and subreddits that can be used. I just don't know why there's constant pushback every time when this is so easily solved by going somewhere else where people don't care about these issues.

aliens exist, Cameron, Carrow and 5 others like this.
  16. dylan

Teebs cut the shit. You're not getting by on that argument anymore. Multiple people have had this same discussion with you several times since Nov 2017. We all know you know better than that by now. You don't get to continuously come to the defense of abusers and those that support abusers time and time again, and then clutch your pearls when you get called out for it. You're not breaking a site rule, you're just being an asshole.

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think “being an asshole” is a little harsh but I see your point. I won’t post in this thread anymore.

18. dylan

Nope, you're not doing this either. You do this every time, Teebs. Every. Time. It's like clockwork and I'm tired of seeing it play out the same way.

Step 1: Teebs defends an abuser
    Step 2: Teebs gets called out
    Step 3: Teebs doesn't understand what he said was wrong or he didn't mean it that way
    Step 4: Teebs gets told what was wrong with what he said
    Step 5: Teebs says he'll leave the thread/site
    Step 6: Teebs posts 2 days later
    Step 7: Go to Step #1

You don't get to pull this manipulative mopey bullshit anymore. You know what you said was wrong when you posted it. We all know you did. And then you were told that you don't have to come to Evan's defense publicly and you can listen to them privately or post elsewhere where you'll be better received. So, you pretend like you're the one who's the most put out and harmed by this whole discussion that you fucking started in the first place. You say you're going to leave the thread/site or whatever and then you come back a few days later and then within another few weeks to a month or so you DO IT AGAIN. Naw man. You're being an asshole, at this point you're doing it on purpose knowing full well how this is all going to play out, and you're not pulling this shit anymore.

19. dylan

Oh I forgot, "sliding into people's DMs saying you're sorry or whatever and then posting back in the thread about how you don't know what was wrong with what you said" as one of the steps. Damn.

littlejohn, Carrow, Anthony_ and 2 others like this.
  20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

So what do you suppose I do?

21. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

lol maybe not post positively about known abusers can you not follow the convo teebs

22. dylan

yeah man idk if you're trolling me or being purposefully obtuse but it's old and not cute anymore. you know what to do and what not to do so don't even try.

Anthony_, teebs41 and dadbolt like this.
  23. Joe4th

Just please. Take a step back and learn from all of these things happening over and over. Listen. Learn. If you truly, truly mean that you screwed up, learn from it instead of repeating this over and over.

teebs41 and dadbolt like this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Wasn’t trolling.

25. You can find other outlets to talk about the band. Reddit. Facebook. Twitter. DMs.

Listen to the band in private, no ones condemning you for doing so, they are for the public support of said band.

I don’t think anyone is going to call you a terrible person for choosing to listen to whoever in your free time. Most people at some point would be guilty of doing the same thing to some band.

They just aren’t coming to the forums and pushing support.

That’s about it. Not trying to be a dick to anyone