Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pinegrove - Skylight (September 28, 2018) Album • Page 93

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Sep 27, 2017.

1. oh hey it's the dude who hassled me in the 1975 thread, probably because of my above comments. hello.

2. TheoW593

Regular

If people want to personally forgive the guy for the crimes of being in a consensual relationship founded on dubious power dynamics, spending a year atoning for his role in it, and now doing pre-show accountability workshops - is that so wrong?

Forgiveness plays a crucial part in accountability. You don't have to forgive, but don't act like people who have are blind idiots.

3. Merry&Pippin

what comments?

4. Merry&Pippin

nevermind, you're probably referring to the ones where you wished terrible things on someone you neither know or know the full story about...

5. on the previous page you fucking weapon, I posted them before you came at me in the 1975 album thread. what is your deal?

edit: fuck off dude

6. Merry&Pippin

did....did you just call me a weapon? what does that even mean?

vidiviciveni likes this.
  7. Merry&Pippin

Here is the thing, i'm all for being woke and all that. Actual abuse is horrific and people should be held accountable. But there is an issue at play around here that the wokeness has you all hell bent on pointing out everyone elses problematic bullshit and there is zero focus on fixing your own problematic bull shit.

8. [​IMG]

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Honestly I thought for a while that I could go back to this band one day, but it all still feels too weird for me and it's pretty clear there's more to it all than we really know. When I got the email about the tour today (i had a ticket to the cancelled tour so I guess I was automatically on the list), I didn't even have like a "I want to go but I'd feel bad" feeling. When I listened to Skylight, I couldn't really not think of this.

So y'know, short version is there is simply too much good music by good people for me to waste any more time, energy, or money supporting this one.

10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I was one of the people who said I would listen to the album and...still haven’t listened. Probably never will lol. Plenty of other good music not made by sketchy people out there

leerkat, coleslawed, Zilla and 4 others like this.
  11. chris

Trusted Supporter

I too am "all for being woke and all that"

12. is he still at it? Evan, is that you?

13. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

i would agree if that were the case. But as it's been stated many times in this thread, there were other victims of Evan who haven't seen any kind of atonement. It's irresponsible to continue to provide a platform for someone who has a pattern of abusing that platform and his fans.

14. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I was leaning toward listening to them again until all the stuff about additional victims started coming up. Not gonna give him the benefit of a doubt there.

15. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

the fuck do you know about me

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Really it's a trip reading replies once you blocked someone lol

17. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

man I'm in the "i listened to this record and i don't really mind that they're touring" camp but I can't help but feel like nearly everyone else in that camp sounds like a major tool when they say that.

18. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

I listened to the record, but I don’t find myself returning to it much, and that’s not because of the music, it’s because of the politics of all of this and just not wanting to engage with his/their art right now. I don’t really mind that they’re touring I guess, but the tone of that update from earlier really gives me the heebie jeebies. Like, maybe it’s time to act like mature adults now, not cutesy little earnest teenagers anymore.

dadbolt, Aregala, Mary V and 2 others like this.
  19. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

Yeah I mentioned something about their tone a while back in this thread and it's definitely weird. A little less weird because they've actually done the whole tweet cute internet! speak! like this! v positive! Forever so it's just a continuation of that, but it's still just a super weird internet persona especially for someone like that

20. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I have to jump through too many mental hoops to try to listen to these guys at this point.

sophos34 likes this.
  21. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

talking about their tortellini or whatever was next level cringe for me.

dadbolt likes this.
  22. yeah lmao

choke on your fucking pumpkin tortellini or whatever the fuck, Evan

23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I really sincerely hope it’s not Evan writing those posts. Either way it’s a horrible look but please god it better not be him

Joe4th and Carrow like this.
  24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Honestly I think they are playing it up even more. I don't ever remember reading anything as cringey as the tortellini stuff before the accusations. They're trying super hard to act like everythings normal.

I'd be surprised if it's not Evan writing them.

Carrow likes this.
  25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I'm 100% convinced it is ESH writing those posts

Carrow likes this.