Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pinegrove - Skylight (September 28, 2018) Album • Page 92

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Maddy

Regular

I mean I don’t think it’s that crazy that the people who bought tickets to see them are excited to be at their show

2. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I like this album a lot

That’s all I have to say that will be constructive here

Drewski and teebs41 like this.
  3. Lucas27

Trusted

Yeah I like this album a heck of a lot.

It’s a shame all the stuff that’s happening. Obviously the band’s art is far from the most important thing at stake here, but it feels like a waste of great art to see all these terrific artists throw it away with their choices. It’s discouraging to say the least. I hope it helps future artists to understand that their actions don’t just impact their victims and themselves, but also the music community as a whole.

teebs41 likes this.
  4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

5. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Reading about fans blatantly disregarding his misconduct makes my brain want to explode.

Wish this band would just go away.

6. TheoW593

Regular

Disregarding in what way? Do you mean those enjoying the concert?

vidiviciveni likes this.
  7. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

"hello good people!

we’ve got some items on the docket for ya. lets move through these points quickly so we can adjourn to lunch, which josh has kindly whipped up for everyone—tortellini w spiced pumpkin reduction, sage chopped up. kid is a wizard.

okay, so. first things first:

we are happy to announce a physical release of skylight! it will be available on double vinyl, double compact disc, & cassette.

along with the physical release of skylight, we will be including skylight ii, an acoustic rendition of each song on the record, recorded live this summer at amperland studios, which is to say, the same room skylight was recorded in, which is to say, our living room. (made some room, etc.)

it’ll be available for pre-order now as double LP, double CD, single CS. you can pre-order at www.pinegroveband.com. available everywhere february 15th.

anyone who bought skylight on bandcamp will automatically get a bandcamp download code of skylight ii on release day via email.

gosh, take a whiff of that ‘lini. unreal. ok let’s get moving to the next item on the agenda—we’re excited to announce some more concerts! here’s what we’ve got planned:

Feb 21 - Washington, DC - Black Cat
    Feb 22 - Richmond, VA - Richmond Music Hall
    Feb 23 - Greensboro, NC - Blind Tiger
    Feb 25 - Orlando, FL - Soundbar
    Feb 26 - Atlanta, GA - Hell
    Feb 27 - Nashville, TN - Basement East
    Mar 1 - Newport, KY - Southgate House Revival
    Mar 2 - St Louis, MO - Duck Room at Blueberry Hill
    Mar 3 - Chicago, IL - Bottom Lounge
    Mar 6 - Cleveland, OH - Grog Shop
    Mar 7 - Buffalo, NY - The Rec Room
    Mar 8 - Hamden, CT - Space Ballroom
    Mar 9 - Asbury Park, NJ - House of Independents
    Mar 30 - Albany, NY - The Linda

everyone who purchased tickets to our cancelled tour last november will be emailed a presale code. these emails will be sent today & the presale is effective immediately. general tickets will go on sale this friday at 10am local time. you can find everything at pinegroveband.com

calling all crows will be joining us on this tour as well. we think their bystander intervention training sessions are really valuable & important, & we want to continue to support a safer culture at concerts & in the world. they’ll be offering trainings before each show as well as tabling throughout the concert. the trainings will be open to 10 attendees per night. sessions happen 30 minutes before doors & you need a ticket for that night’s show to attend. you can sign up by emailing kim@callingallcrows.org with the subject line “pinegrove [city] training.”

also, thanks to everyone who has helped make these first 6 shows of this tour truly special. we’re on our way from berlin to bristol right now & we are jet lagged & everybody has a cold & we are still so excited for the last 4 concerts of this run.

okay, that’s about all! go ahead & line up single file over by the tureens, which you’ll find heaped high & gleaming orange w delectable winter gourd. thank you & dig in.

much love,

pg"

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

can’t help but notice they’re staying far the fuck away from philly :chin:

leerkat, Mary V, angel paste and 7 others like this.
  9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Glad no MI venue has booked them

Anthony_ likes this.
  10. I hope all the bad shit happens to this dude on this tour

11. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

so like... i assume they profiting off this vinyl now eh?

jordalsh likes this.
  12. fucking scumbags

Anthony_ likes this.
  13. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Yeah well they've sold out like every show so far so I'd say this thread is the minority.

TheoW593 likes this.
  14. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

That’s no surprise. Most people aren’t part of music forums. Most people don’t avidly follow a bands every move on social media. Most people don’t know the situation.

snaps, coleslawed, AngryMan and 3 others like this.
  15. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I think a lotta this forum forgets this near constantly.

stars143 and snaps like this.
  16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I’m pretty aware of it. I’m just saying there’s a reason they aren’t playing philly. I doubt they can find a venue to host them. You gotta wonder why that is. The scene here is pretty tight knit.

17. TheoW593

Regular

Can't wait for the Albany show.

18. TheoW593

Regular

Keep your hate out of this thread, please

vidiviciveni likes this.
  19. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Oh fuck right the fuck off with this bullshit. Jesus fucking Christ.

coleslawed, Aregala, Joe4th and 3 others like this.
  20. TheoW593

Regular

Don't you guys have better things to do?

21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

[​IMG]

Contender, Aregala, Joe4th and 4 others like this.
  22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

That post from the band is so gross. So, so gross. "Let's act all twee and cute and talk about pumpkin tortellini! Everything is great!"

Another sad case of a man's life being ruined amirite.

leerkat, teel, Aregala and 4 others like this.
  23. Better things than defend abusers like Evan Stephens Hall?

24. Merry&Pippin

You lot crack me up

Carrow likes this.
  25. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

???