Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pinegrove - Skylight (September 28, 2018) Album • Page 91

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Maddy

Regular

Looks like they've sold out two Brooklyn shows, Montclair and Cambridge

2. helpmerhonda69

wow all these shows sold out

3. Merve

Pennycan Champion

Well said. I don't know if I'm cynical enough to believe that Pitchfork was actively, intentionally trying to rehabilitate the band's image, but the optics certainly aren't good. Either way, the effect is the same, and in any case, trying to leverage misconduct allegations into promotional material, however obliquely, is not a good look.

4. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

5. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

fuckin gross

Aregala and dadbolt like this.
  6. chris

Trusted Supporter

Welp

7. atlas

Trusted

Yeeeeah pretty sure we can close the book on the whole “gray area” thing

Snoblin and leerkat like this.
  8. atlas

Trusted

i've seen no indication whatsoever that is the case

9. Comments deleted but it’s 2000000% not

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

A more detailed account for those that are interested.

Unfortunately, it seems Evan made a lot of people uneasy/uncomfortable before his statement.

11. leerkat

relentlessly nosy bastard

YEPPPPP

12. radiodead Oct 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 11, 2018)
    radiodead

Trusted

I guess I’m somewhat confused. Outside of the original allegation. Just isolating this one...what are we actually talking about right now? That he bought booze and flirted with an 18 year old? Genuine question as I want to be reading from the same page.

Edit: her first hearing about him coercing women into sex “a year prior” is definitely not a good thing.

13. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Totally random thought and I was speaking to @teebs41 about it: never put together that Butch Vig, the producer, was the same person that is in Garbage. Mind blown!

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This confirms that Evan had unhealthy relationships with fans prior to his statement. Which I sort of believed anyway, I really truly hope he learned that these actions are inappropriate and his behavior needed to change.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  15. leerkat

relentlessly nosy bastard

*them

Jesse West likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I am in a Pinegrove group on Facebook and this was shared by an admin earlier.

teebs41 likes this.
  18. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

pretty neat feature there that you’ll be able to use that training to identify an abuser immediately after the session is over

Henry, m9tt, FrankieThe4th and 15 others like this.
  19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Pretty cool feature. Hopefully this helps educate people.

21. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

it's a good thing to put together and do that outreach, yes. given the circumstances in this case it feels disingenuous and weird. they're trying to promote safety in an environment that might not be safe. we don't know how far evan has come besides a highly questionable article and that doesn't even take into account the other accusations that afaik haven't been addressed privately or otherwise.

leerkat, ChaseTx, ItsAndrew and 5 others like this.
  22. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

at this point, I don't think there is anything he/they could do to turn this around.

23. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

them's the breaks.

24. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I have no plans to see Pinegrove live, buy merch, or any of the more direct means of support.

But I have been listening to this album a good amount and if I'm being honest I do like it a lot. Some of the lyrics are definitely very yikes with all that we know (ie: "whatever you're feeling is alright" is clearly not the case if you're trying to make someone cheat on their boyfriend repeatedly).

teebs41 likes this.
  25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

The first show back was tonight. I watched some fan videos and these fans are going crazy and screaming all the words like nothing ever happened. It’s crazy.

Also, Evan grew out his hair more.