Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pinegrove - Skylight (September 28, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Sep 27, 2017.

1. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Make saddle Creek sick as fuck again

achoiceofthree likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

imagine if saddle creek put out a hop along and a pinegrove album next year

Philll, Joe4th, zmtr and 1 other person like this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Alrighty

4. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Hop Along has a special place in my heart that would probably make saddle Creek best label that year in my book

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Going to be a long wait haha! Can’t wait

6. LTF

It's unhealthy how much I like this band.

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

cannot wait to have another pinegrove record to spin constantly

Joe4th and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Thank god I see them in November. I'm going to pretend I don't know about this album until then so there will only be a 3 and a half month wait.

9. cwhit

green day cover comp organized by nick and evan, bunch of pinegrove related bands whether members or touring

kevdev, lomelda, ratboys, hovvdy, adult mom, coping skills, and many more. evan has a song too

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Saw this earlier. Love the Ratboys one. Kevin & Evan's two too. Still need to listen to the rest. Very cool and unexpected.

local_corn likes this.
  11. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Adult Mom’s is fantastic!

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

dang, i completely missed the creation of this thread. How many songs off of this have we heard? Angelina re recorded, Easy Enough, Skylight, Portal, any others?

teebs41 likes this.
  13. cwhit

potentially P&L

14. Deathco_019

Drummer

Here for ~it~

15. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

From my vague memory, I feel like Evan specifically said they re-recorded it for the album at the Toronto show.

16. cwhit

i know they were recording it in one of the videos but i guess that's doubly confirmed

17. WornSoThin

Regular

I think No Drugs has been on the boards in the recording videos. They've played that quite a few times live - I saw it in the UK back in January.

Darkness too has been played live.

So I make that:

Angelina
    Paterson & Leo
    Darkness
    Skylight
    Easy Enough
    No Drugs
    Portal

Over half the album I guess.

18. Micah511

I wonder if the album will be a little more polished than Cardinal or if it will sound relatively similar. Part of me thinks its similar since they are self recording again. I do think Evan will sound much better though, his voice sounds incredible in all the recent live videos.

19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The Metronome?

20. Micah511

I didn't see any mention of it being rerecorded on the board on the videos, and i never heard them playing it in the clips.

Any word on if Nandi is going to have any vocals/keyboards on this? i know she wasnt there for the initial recording, and shes taking a break from Pinegrove to focus on Half Waif more, but it would be nice to have her on these studio tracks. Especially portal, that acoustic version with her and Evan is so good. Hard to think of two people who harmonize with each other better.

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I think she was in one or two of the making-of vids. The end of the last vid alluded that they were gonna start vocals so perhaps we'll get that definitive answer shortly.

22. WornSoThin

Regular

The self-recording aspect concerns me a little too. I love Cardinal, but when you compare the recorded versions of those songs versus things like the Audiotree sessions or even live they seem a little underpowered. I think they'd benefit from a producer and real studio environment.

23. cwhit

i disagree, it's become standard in this scene to have recordings that are a little more subdued and the live performances are bigger and more energetic, it brings some extra magic to the live set

teebs41 likes this.
  24. dpatrick23

Regular Supporter

They also played a new one a few weeks ago called "Light On" that's on YouTube

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m not concerned bc it seemed lim they had some good gear recording. Also I’m wondering if they will have it mixed by someone else, that could make a huge difference.