Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pinegrove Share Update on Hiatus

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Pinegrove have shared a new statement:

Pinegrove are continuing their hiatus and taking an extended period of time off the road. The band has cancelled the upcoming tour dates. Refunds are available from point of purchase – online ticket buyers will receive notification and a refund in the next 3-5 days. Thank you.

2. Bass0820

Sooooo does anyone “in the know” want to explain to me exactly what happened so I can make an informed decision? The original statement was way too vague for me

CMilliken likes this.
  3. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Got into an argument with someone who blamed Consequence of Sound for Pinegrove's hiatus, not Evan's actions. Un-fucking-real.

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the statement and cancelling dates should be enough to inform your decision until we get an actual statement about his accountability process

CMilliken likes this.
  5. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Well, there goes the one situation I don't really understand.

6. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

I loved this band to death but the utter lack of transparency from anyone in the band and aloofness is fucking lame as it gets. I have a bad feeling that Evan made himself sound better than he actually was in the aforementioned situation from the original “statement”.

7. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

As far as this one goes, where there were no straightforward allegations, I'd assume there's really no need for transparency from other people in the band, and somehow for now it feels just weird. I'd say if it was something worse, then people would go talk it out as well, but maybe I'm wrong - hopefully they're not as hypocritical.

8. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

It’s just that my main qualms stem from 1. That train wreck of a rambling vague statement and 2. Multiple musicians in the same scene Evan is in have said some less than positive things about him and his behavior regarding what little he explained in his statement. Elvis depressedly, foxing, petal and a female photographer for the band have all spoken out about their disapproval of his actions.

9. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Point one - too true. Though I haven't caught up with anything you mentioned later - was it a disapproval for that statement of his? Or something more?