Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pinegrove / Hovvdy Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Feb 3, 2017.

1. kidinthebushes Feb 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 29, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

4/26 - Cambridge, MA @ The Sinclair
    4/27 - New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
    4/28 - Philadelphia, PA @ First Unitarian Church
    4/29 - Washington, DC @ Rock & Roll Hotel
    4/30 - Brooklyn, NY @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
    5/08 - Lakewood, OH @ Mahall's
    5/09 - Louisville, KY @ Headliners Music Hall
    5/10 - Nashville, TN @ The End

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This band is incredible live. Can't wait to see them again

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

hype for hovvdy on this tour, gonna be crazy seeing this sell out R&R pretty quickly. the hype is too real, every show on this tour will sell out (at least the east coast ones)

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I think so too, crazy how far this band came in just under a year since Cardinal released

5. cwhit

they were playing little house shows in the area for so long, my fault for missing that hype and avoiding them since some of the people that were pushing them hard, hah

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I remember I told my buddy that a house show needed a flyer and he made one up for Pinegrove. They signed to RFC and released New Friends the day before and I almost went but something held me back and now I'm forever bummed haha

The first time I saw them was in a basement though, so can't complain

7. cwhit

actually had pinegrove and what moon things commit to the one university sponsored show i was putting on in late 2014, but i didn't have room for what moon things so we mutually agreed to not put the show on with them

oops

8. Heart

Bummed that the DC show is at Rock & Roll Hotel, but this is too great to pass up

9. cwhit

yeah, R&R kinda sucks, sound suckssssss

10. Heart

Yeah man, plus that stage is so low that I've gone whole shows without seeing the band (even as an average height dude). They've been booking all the best acts lately, though.

11. cwhit

rock and roll has been stacked for DC the last few years, hah. between that and DC9 DC covers all of those small indie/punk shows going around, hah. wish baltimore had more options other than ottobar, sigh.

12. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

While we're sharing our saddest Pinegrove show stories, I almost saw them for free in a diy venue ten minutes from my house right after Cardinal came out. *as tall as lions voice* I'm kicking myself

13. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I was supposed to see them play in a coffee shop (full band still) in Bloomington last March, but they had to cancel last second because their van broke down. Still don't think they've played in Indiana.

14. cwhit

i did get to see the pingus tour though which was a callback to their sets of old, so i'm fine

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hey they had to cancel that show and ended up hopping on the show I was talking above due to it! It was with The Dirty Nil as well which was awesome

Maybevictor likes this.
  16. Grato

Regular

NYC show sold out in 5 hours
    Brooklyn show was even less than that

17. Heart

Venue complaints aside, the DC show sold out before I could get tix as well. Man. Bigger venues next time, Pinegrove!

18. cwhit

funny thing is that venue was easily the biggest they've headlined in the city too, lol. and sold it out faster than almost anyone does there

i warned my friends to buy tickets but nobody ever listens to me!!!

19. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

@cwhit is this gonna extend to the midwest at all? You have any idea?

20. Grato

Regular

pretty sure these are the only dates before they do a bunch of festivals this summer

21. cwhit

yeah pretty sure that's the case, was surprised we got a tour in the first place
    probably going to get some off dates here and there or a tour around festivals but if you're close to something they're playing i doubt they play near you

...was just thinking, what if they play eaux claires? that's not too weird, tbh

22. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

@cwhit are you here right now?

cwhit likes this.
  23. cwhit

wordzanddreamz likes this.
  24. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Show was so good

25. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Not sure if other dates were announced, but this is coming to Detroit on 7/14.