Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pinegrove - Cardinal (February 12, 2016) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by nfdv2, Mar 6, 2016.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

So would you like that drink?
    Fine, yeah I know I remember that too
    In your living room right?
    When we began to fight but then we both felt confused
    And we were laughing and crying in awe at the size of the moon

Damn

2. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i love this album so much fuck

OhTheWater and phaynes1 like this.
  3. phaynes1

Regular

well
    the truth is i lost all track of time
    & i wound up wandering
    & unravelling fragments all inside
    but i rise up aligning

teebs41, Zac Djamoos and Nick like this.
  4. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Prestigious

id like to get in this dudes head for a solid 30 minutes

teebs41 likes this.
  5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This is my go-to writing/grading papers album. Just throw it on repeat and zone out to it

6. OotyPa

fall away

I think I like their other releases more than this but god damn if New Friends and Old Friends don't tear me into tiny pieces every time I hear em

7. RobbieBerns

My only wish is I die real Prestigious

This album is killing me rn

8. nfdv2 Apr 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 2, 2016)
    nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

saw them with the sidekicks and TWIABP tonight! show was really great, pinegrove was amazing and were received well by the crowd. sidekicks were amazing and i'm about to make a thread for them so i can gush about how much i love them. world is was interesting. a lot of the crowd didn't know who they were and i heard a lot of people talking about how long their band name is and holy shit what is going on why do they have so many members. also this one guy kept yelling "tyler!!!!" really loudly throughout their set. i don't think tyler was on stage or even there. it was weird.

anyway they played (not in order):

Angelina
    Cadmium
    Size of the Moon
    Old Friends
    Recycling
    one more song i don't remember which one
    Aphasia

and if anyone is interested the sidekicks played:

Hell is Warm
    Everything in Twos
    Grace
    The Kid Who Broke His Wrist
    new song (!!!)
    1940's Fighter Jet
    The Whale and Jonah
    a cover of Kiss by Prince

sean_rugy and AndrewSoup like this.
  9. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

they were really dope the other night in SF.
    i awkwardly chatted with Evan after the show, nice guy! he signed my copy of the record and accidentally wrote the wrong year, haha

10. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

i wanted to tell evan that i liked that his outfit tonight matched the color scheme of the album (he was wearing a grey shirt + red shorts and it was cardinal grey and cardinal red!)

but i didn't, haha

KennedyBN likes this.
  11. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

he was wearing a red shirt+red shorts (and brownish jacket) and he looked like a skinny santa claus during summer, hahaha

Meerkat and KennedyBN like this.
  12. Battery

Been listening to this album multiple times a day for the past week. Just can't get enough of it.
    Still need to check out their other releases.

13. CMilliken

Trusted

I like this song but probably my least favorite on the album.

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The 3 min mark is really where it picks up for me. It also took about 20 listens before that happened lol

phaynes1 likes this.
  15. phaynes1

Regular

Then again has always been my least favorite here

16. trevorshmevor

and use a pretty font Supporter

Yeah if I had to pick a least favorite, Then Again would be it. I remember hearing "I was totally nervous to go to Japan" during the first listen through and being like uh oh

17. Iago

woven.

Decided that this is my favorite album of the first quarter so far. Maybe previous stuff will grow on me like this did, but every time I listen to this record, a new moment floors me.

18. Eric

Regular

I keep coming back to this album and I love it more with each listen. I feel like a song from it pops in my head at least once a day

Emotherapy likes this.
  19. sean_rugy

select all delete Supporter

it's my morning-walk-to-the-subway-album. my day just would't be the same if I didn't start off with it.

20. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

old friends is the best freaking thing ive heard in years. such a good song. I feel like the songwriting quality declines as the album progresses. The first 4 songs of the album sound like they were written separately from the last 4. Cadmium my jam too though

21. Gjpeace

Regular Prestigious

But "Size of the Moon" is the next-to-last track.

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  22. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I mean, im really being nitpicky here, cuz I honestly love every song. But the first half of the album sounds like such a progression from their earlier work and the last half of the album. its the dichotomy in their sound that balances alt-country math-rock, and acoustic emo. I prefer the unique direction that they are heading with the first half, instead of the find-their-footing genre-retreading that is the last half of the album. I exaggerate to define points more clearly, all in opinion of course.

23. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

last night was sick too. pinegrove played new friends instead of that other song and it was siiiiick, also

24. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

Those shorts tho

25. brigid

edited after realizing they're coming to boston, I'm definitely gonna try to catch them on this tour, they're on a really awesome billing right now god damn