Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pinegrove - Cardinal (February 12, 2016) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by nfdv2, Mar 6, 2016.

1. ImAMetaphor

the end is here Prestigious

Waveform is great. My least favorite is either Then Again or Visiting, but thats not saying much because I truly do enjoy all of the songs.

2. A-Punk

Romeo//thedeja&daisy

Real talk though Cadmium is the SOTY so far. The 'JUST SAY WHAT IT IS' part is so great.

Also: let's rank the album: Cadmium > New Friends > Size of the Moon > Waveform = Aphasia > the rest (which are still all 7/7.5s)

3. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I wish I was connecting with this like a lot of you. New Friends slays me and I like everything else but it's not hitting me like you guys. I feel if I still had a car and I could drive around belting this out it would do it for me. Most of my favorite records from this scene have hit me from those experiences (Dikembe, The Hotelier, Dowsing).

4. A-Punk

Romeo//thedeja&daisy

You're not alone. I like the flow of the lyrics and appreciate what he's talking about but honestly this is a really lighthearted fun record for me.

5. phaynes1

Regular

Love waveform. The chorus always hits hard

6. CMilliken

Trusted

Fantastic album. One of my favorites so far this year.

teebs41 likes this.
  7. Matt Metzler

anberlinforever.com Supporter

Sometimes Waveform clicks with me and sometimes it doesn't. The avocado line is my favorite part.

Every other song on here is pure gold. I want to see them live so badly but I think the closest they're coming on this tour is Columbus and I can't make it there and back on a weeknight.

8. phaynes1

Regular

@Nick another good one:
    "I saw leah on the bus a few months ago
    i saw some old friends at her funeral
    my steps keep splitting my grief through these
    solipsistic moods
    i should call my parents when i think of them
    i should tell my friends when i love them"

Iago, Signifire, RobbieBerns and 2 others like this.
  9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Just listened to it twice while playing playstation. Damn yeah this is good. I caught that lyric and it stood out definitely. I was gonna Quote some of size of the moon too but I can't choose what part of that I like most!

phaynes1 likes this.
  10. Andrew Shores

I was totally nervous to go to Japan.

Evan's vocals remind me a lot of John Mayer or even Brian Johnson. Such beautiful melodies, simple and fun.

11. JJ Pagan

Trying Hard Not To Look Like I'm Trying That Hard Supporter

What really makes this band so special to me is how every time I listen to this album, or even 'Everything So Far', I have a new favorite song. For awhile my favorite song was Old Friends, but lately I haven't been able to get Aphasia out of my head. Like a lot of their songs I love how it flows and starts one place and ends up somewhere else by the end. That II-V-I progression (sorry, music nerd) is great too.

12. smoke4thecaper

hold on, let me catch my breath Prestigious

So happy I stumbled upon this album. It's really quite good. Would love to see them tour w/ Lucero, personally.

teebs41 likes this.
  13. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

this album is everything I didn't know I wanted. but now that I've spent the better part of the last month and half dissecting this album I'm so happy that this is out there. an album like this doesn't come along very often. the last time something hit me this hard was HLNPIT.

cheers to Pinegrove.

teebs41 likes this.
  14. sean_rugy

this. this destroyed me.

phaynes1 likes this.
  15. stevenlalonde

Is it just me or does anyone else find this band completely overrated?

16. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

it's just you

dpatrickguy and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  17. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Gonna go with a nope

18. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Nah.

19. stevenlalonde

20. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

you can still write blogs!!

21. stevenlalonde

Blogs about what it's like to live in a world where I don't like Pinegrove as much as anyone else

22. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

wrong thread, sry

23. stevenlalonde

24. sean_rugy

anyone else catching them with IIOI in NYC at Irving Plaza? personally, this is the show of the year.

25. Derek

Get stung

Saw them in Madison a few weeks ago with The world is.... Was an awesome show.