Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pinegrove - Cardinal (February 12, 2016) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by nfdv2, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

"what's the worst that could happen,
    the end of summer and i'm still in love with her"

Absolutely wrecks me

2. phaynes1

Regular

part i love:

"i wonder if that's what it might feel like
    i figured i'd warn ya
    i am out of my god damn mind & out to california
    follow along the dotted line with
    with arcs of our blood"

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  3. Kennedy

I was literally listening to this when I read this post haha.... Such a good moment

4. Iago

woven.

Aphasia clicked with me the other day. The moment where everything gets quiet and they sing "One day I won't need (your?) love" is euphoric.

CMilliken likes this.
  5. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

the part before that "nah what you got was in your reaches all along" is my fav part of the album the voices are so vulnerable! !

6. ImAMetaphor

the end is here Prestigious

Old Friends is the perfect song to open this album

teebs41 and KennedyBN like this.
  7. Emotherapy

Regular

Saw them at the IIOI show last night. Songs sounded great live. Interestingly it seemed like more people were familiar with Pinegrove than the Sidekicks.

8. phaynes1

Regular

that's a shame. both bands are incredible. it did strike me as weird that sidekicks didn't necessarily get as widespread of a kick as this got.

9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

a heavily promoted run for cover release as compared to an ignored epitaph release

teebs41 likes this.
  10. phaynes1

Regular

yes i understand the scenario

11. cwhit

I'm just saying how it's not that surprising

12. phaynes1

Regular

it is surprising that epitaph ignored the release when it could have easily gotten the same amount of press, yes

teebs41 likes this.
  13. cwhit

gotta focus on falling in reverse duh

teebs41 likes this.
  14. Meerkat

Officer Hot Prestigious

Are The Sidekicks similar in sound to Pinegrove or are you guys just saying they match in quality? I didn't go back to the Sidekicks record much and can't remember if it sounded similar

15. phaynes1

Regular

they don't sound similar. just similar quality and prior to each record, similar level of status or whatever. maybe if anything, sidekicks were bigger, though pinegrove seems to have at least reached or past them.

teebs41 likes this.
  16. Meerkat

Officer Hot Prestigious

Oh okay. That's fair. Focusing solely on sound, I think part of it might be that Pinegrove kind of carved out their own little space and no one else really sounds like them. There's nothing wrong with not doing that obviously, but I think the fact that it's something new added to the excitement

phaynes1 likes this.
  17. phaynes1

Regular

right, though i think to an extent that's kinda what makes them similar to sidekicks, in that no one had really mixed the punk element with shins styled songwriting and smiths kinda guitar work like sidekicks did last year. i guess the similarity is that they both mixed punk elements of their older stuff with genres that don't really play into this kind of scene

Meerkat likes this.
  18. Meerkat

Officer Hot Prestigious

I'd have to go back and hear the Sidekicks' record again, but yeah that's fair.

19. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

seeing them this weekend with the sidekicks and TWIABP. probably gonna leave during TWIABP tho because there's an all dogs show 30 miles away

20. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

runners was my AOTY last year and i'm super bummed at how ignored it was. the january release didn't help either probably

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  21. Kennedy

This is probably my AOTY thus far.

teebs41 likes this.
  22. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Man that's an awesome tour

23. Iago

woven.

I only got into it in January of this year. Kept kicking myself for not hearing it sooner. One of my favorite albums I've discovered this year so far.

24. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I listen to this daily still

25. phaynes1

Regular

yep listened at lunch