Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pinegrove Anthology Up for Pre-Order

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Pinegrove have a new anthology release, Everything So Far, up for pre-order.

[…] an anthology of all of Pinegrove’s output up to the point of their breakout Run For Cover Records full-length, Cardinal. The collection encapsulates their debut LP Meridian, a number of EPs and even some singles like the captivating track “Angelina” & Cardinal Favorite “New Friends.”

2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Not new.

cwhit likes this.
  3. Uh, yeah it is. This is a new vinyl release.
    Everything So Far will be pressed on vinyl as a double album for the first time this spring. The vinyl & CD versions will also include a brand-new 16 page booklet featuring lyrics & photos documenting the band’s earliest moments. Listening to Everything So Far is a rewarding experience for new & old fans, as the time capsule of a tracklist shows Pinegrove developing a signature sound, maturing & learning with each song.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  4. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

new for vinyl, but not new in general.

cwhit and OotyPa like this.
  5. So, we're back to what I wrote:
    Pinegrove have a new anthology release, Everything So Far, up for pre-order.
    What's up for pre-order, is new. Yay.

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

well the wording says the release is new, the release isn't new, it's just a reissue
    :speakno::speakno::speakno::speakno::speakno::speakno::speakno::speakno::speakno:

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah wording definitely implies new material lol

8. The release is new. If you wanna argue semantics, fine, but what I wrote is correct. This is a new anthology release up for pre-order.

9. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I mean I guess but I'm not sure how you can argue that it isn't a little unclear. Sounds like you thought it was a new collection of songs. Not worth fighting about.

10. I literally copy and pasted from the press release saying it was a collection of all previous material (... of all of Pinegrove’s output up to the point of their breakout Run For Cover Records full-length, Cardinal.) and included the word "anthology" in my own post. So, no, I did not think it was a new collection of songs, I was referring to this being a new release from the band. A release being anything released by the band. This vinyl collection, being new, falls under said categorization of "new release".

So, yes, this is a new release from the band. It is not an album of new material from the band from the band. It is, however, what I typed: a new release.

11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

even then, this collection has been on their bandcamp since before Cardinal came out.
    no big deal, it's just semantics.

12. The vinyl release, which is up for preorder, which is what this entire post is about is new. Jesus Christ.