Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pierce the Veil Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Benjamin Lee, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

What the hell? I just looked through setlist.fm and that's the normal for them. Most bands do 18-20. Oh god I hope this tour has more than just Misadventures. I'm driving from Charlotte to Atlanta with my girlfriend and I'll be really sad if it's just that because I know how disappointed she'd be. :-/

2. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

I think they're doing Misadventures in full and maybe a couple other songs at the end.

3. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

It's bizarre that they only play 11-13 song sets. I knew they were doing Misadventures in full, but expected there to be at least 6-7 songs after it too. Thankfully my girlfriend wasn't expecting more (she's only ever been to warped tour, so I guess she's just used to short sets) so it should be okay. I stress out a lot about making her happy and did not want this end in disappointment. Haha (I think I ramble more than anyone on this site, sorry. Haha)

4. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Any idea where this charted?

5. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

They haven't released the newest charts yet (at least not that I can find). Right now, I'd say maybe 3. Drake and Meghan Trainor beat them pretty much without a doubt.

6. sukottokairu

Regular

The guess seems to be #4, Beyonce also is staying strong this week haha

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  7. ArchVillain

Sounds like the same stuff theyve always made except the hooks are way worse.. just bored by these guys.

Jusscali likes this.
  8. chuwaay

Today I Saw the Whole World is my jam.

cybele and Benjamin Lee like this.
  9. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

The album came in at #4 with 54,000 copies sold. Not bad at all.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  10. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

11. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

12. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This band constantly disappoints with their set lists.

13. kyyuulle

Recreate The Heart

I definitely like a few songs on this record. Gold Medal Ribbon stands out to me because it's got that 80's synth dream pop thing going on. Slightly reminds me of The Panic Division.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  14. Bane

The spiciest meme

So the whole Misadventures album and then their most popular song, I'm not too surprised.

By the way I'm still digging this album, I won't be surprised if it ends up on my end of year list just for how it outdid my expectations, not really being a super fan of them before

15. sukottokairu

Regular

why are they playing today i saw the whole world as acoustic? interesting choice

16. highfidelity203

Hailey, It Happens Prestigious

Really into Misadventures - might be my favorite since A Flair for the Dramatic. They are much better when they put more emphasis on the pop hooks and varied writing styles.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  17. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Went to the Atlanta show, wasn't too bad. They only played Today I Saw the Whole World half acoustic, then the whole band came in. They also added Bulls in the Bronx to the set list on top of King for a Day, so that was good. (Bulls is my girlfriend's favorite song by them)

I honestly only went for her, so she had a lot of fun and that's what matters. Don't plan on going back to Atalanta anytime soon though. Haha

18. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Finally gave this a listen last night... surprisingly excellent throughout! Very enjoyable record.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  19. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Anyone who likes this might enjoy the new I See Stars album... surprisingly good. They're not really that similar, but I feel like a lot of people would like both.

20. Zorlak

Crusher Destroyer Prestigious

They stopped by 91X and did a acoustic session

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  21. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

What band are you in?

22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I've been meaning to listen to it. All I'v heard are the acoustic bonus tracks, and those are pretty sweet. Highly recommend checking those out if you haven't. PM me if you need them.

23. Will Montei

Pierce the Veil, musically, has become stagnant. Among other things, Vic's voice needs to mature and their songwriting needs to become more cohesive. They are too talented to make albums like Misadventures.

Penguin likes this.
  24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Feel this album was safe for them. That said, I always appreciate Vic's voice and how much more interesting they are than other similar bands.

Penguin likes this.
  25. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I like Misadventures more than I like Selfish Machines or Collide with the Sky, that said, Misadventures is vocally my least favorite from Vic, and his vocal approach has started to feel really stale.