Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pierce the Veil Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Benjamin Lee, Mar 31, 2016.

1. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

lol'd hard at how the album ends with an interpolation of "back in the day"

i really like this record

2. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Mail man came back, starting the record now. So far I like Dive In. Like it a lot better as the opening track than I did the technically two tracks on Collide that opened the record.

3. Kristen

Regular

Damn can this band write bridges and outros. I just wish they took some of that creativity and injected it into the verses and chorus'. They all blend together for me on this record. Overall, it's ok. I like CWTS a lot better at this point.

cybele likes this.
  4. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Okay, I like Misadventures. Not sure where I'd rank it though at the moment. Probably listen more this weekend as I'll be driving a lot tomorrow and figure that out.

5. Louie

Takes a Bit More

Listened to the album 6 times yesterday while I was enjoying some pc gaming. I like it. First half is pretty solid, dips a bit in the middle, then finishes strong with the closing track.

6. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

It just took a long long time and brings nothing new at all. Flatline.

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Honestly, as someone who has only been a casual PTV listener up to now, this might be my favorite album of theirs. Really catchy, just a fun listen all the way through. It's weird to describe a PTV album this way but it almost feels like their first "summer record" and was released at an appropriate time of year. Can't wait to blast this album all summer (along with all the other great stuff coming out soon).

JJ Pagan likes this.
  8. sukottokairu

Regular

I really like this album a lot, right away I like it a lot more than CWTS, although that record didn't really grow on me until more recently when suddenly it clicked with me and I realized how good it was. Part of the reason I didn't like CWTS at first was it had a lot more of a metalcore sound than their previous material. But this is a return to form while still retaining some of the heavier guitar tones. I think Misadventures is great and while as some have said, its not anything groundbreaking, it is a very solid record and deserves some attention. With some more time I'll decide if it tops Selfish Machines or not!

Benjamin Lee and LWS like this.
  9. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Listening a lot today, this might be tied with CWTS for me. Which is an improvement from before where I felt they've gotten worse with each release. So, A Flair for the Dramatic > Selfish Machines > Collide With the Sky = Misadventures right now.

10. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

As a non-huge fan of the band I actually think this is one of their best, so well polished.

11. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

I like the new record. It definitely feels like a good mix of the first three records.

12. bodkins

Trusted

I'd probably rank similarly. Don't know if it's because I don't listen to the genre as much anymore, but CWTS and Misadventures both just run together for me. Maybe I just need to give them more spins. Love FFTD though.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  13. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I feel like this album is very different from CWTS, it's a lot more pop than hardcore. Which is kind hit or miss. There aren't so many cheesy break downs on Misadventures as there were on there, but at the same time there aren't any highs as high as Tangled in the Great Escape, Bulls in the Bronx and Hold on Till May. Flair for the Dramatic I don't think will ever be topped honestly.haha

14. bodkins

Trusted

Doubt it as well, such a great record.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Finally listened to this today and I was I impressed. First release I really got into since AFFTD. Some parts don't work very well for me but overall it was a really fun listen.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  16. xeroblade

Listened to this album close to 10 times already, front to back. I am a big fan of their music, this album was kind of disappointing to me. I think its because I wanted more CWTS. I do enjoy the album but the songs sound as if they were picked from a hat and then thrown altogether. There are some songs on there that sound like they have lead ins to the next song and then just stop, I miss that. With that said, I still enjoyed this album it's just missing something to make it stand out.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  17. Louie

Takes a Bit More

I'm still enjoying the album. Easily my most played over the last few days. Some songs are a bit out of the box for them, which is cool. I think some people expected more of a new sound since this took so long and that is why they are disappointed. The sound is great, the weak aspect for me is the same old lyrical style if anything.

18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

What songs would you consider out of the box? I thought the poppy intros have been very different, but aside from that I don't know.

19. Louie

Takes a Bit More

Yea the intros are what catch me too. Circles has a more rock vibe to it. The guitar work in general feels like they attempted to do some new stuff at various points in songs. Starting off Gold Metal Ribbon with an ambient solo and then having another neat quiet little interlude was cool. I guess out of the box isn't exactly a good way to describe it. They changed it up a bit but again, nothing ground breaking. I certainly wouldn't proclaim expertship on PTV either.

20. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I've listened to them a ton because of my girlfriend. haha Yeah, I really wish some of the poppy intros went into more pop songs. Instead the synths cut out at vocals and it goes to just another PtV song. Overall though, I do really like the album.

21. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I've really been enjoying this, I don't think they've ever released a bad album IMO. Sure they stick with the same formula, but it just works lol. I'd rank this higher than CWTS.

22. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

After spending some time with the album I definitely like it a lot. I think my favorite song is Today I Saw The Whole World. I'm still not sure how I'd rank it with their other albums. Selfish Machines will probably always be my number one because of nostalgia tbh.

23. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I feel like I'm really going to like this album in the long term, and it could top Collide With The Sky at some point for sure. Maybe even Selfish Machines.

24. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Selfish Machines will always be my top as well, helped me during a rough time in my life.

25. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

Aren't they playing Misadventures in full for their next headliner? Hopefully they'll play another 5+ songs as a "greatest hits" set. I mean, I won't be seeing them since their LA show sold out instantly, but it'd be nice to see more than 12 songs from a band that has 4 full length albums out.