Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pierce the Veil Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Benjamin Lee, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I honestly wouldn't have either, but they're my girlfriend's favorite band so I basically spent time making myself like them. Haha

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha that makes sense. Doin the lord's work.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  3. Bane

The spiciest meme

I'm almost done with the album and honestly I'm totally down with it. It's not game changing in any way but it's super solid all around, I've enjoyed every song so far.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Does she like Sleeping With Sirens? IMO they do a similar sound much better.

5. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yes, though she likes PtV more. I like SWS, but I like their first two albums the least probably. I like Madness more than any PtV record though. My girlfriend basically likes Pierce the Veil, Never Shout Never, My Chemical Romance, Sleeping with Sirens, Panic! At the Disco (ranked in that order). Haha

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Oof on Never Shout Never.

Just because I'm bored: MCR > PATD > SWS > PTV > NSN

Really really like Madness. Feel isn't too bad either, just a bit disjointed.

7. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Haha ranking my girlfriend's bands, never thought I'd see that one. Yeah, I wasn't able to make myself enjoy NSN, I have two of their albums from Amazon autorip when I bought her a couple, and just can't bring myself to listen again. SWS's Feel has really cool production, especially on I'll Take You There. So, even though it's their most hated, I find enjoyment just as someone who enjoys production stuff.

FTank likes this.
  8. Bane

The spiciest meme

I've listened to all of SWS and Madness easily bored me the most haha, I actually like Feel more than most people. Of course I still prefer their first 2 over it.

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Not too into their pre-Feel work. Almost all the songs on Madness are such fucking earworms and I have a lot of memories associated with the time last year when I heard it, so that doesn't hurt.

10. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yeah, I'm not super into the pre-feel stuff (other than the acoustic EP). There's a couple songs here and there, but I don't think the band did "heavy" very well. The production on Let's Cheer to This is pretty bad too. For SWS I'd rank:

Madness > If You Were a Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack > Feel > With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear > Let's Cheer to This

I also have good memories with Madness, but I'm always glad to find people who like Feel because even my girlfriend who loves the band doesn't like that album. Haha

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I really like Deja Vu, Low, and Satellites - some of their best songs

12. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Deja Vu is my least favorite, just because I'd label it like sexual in an awkwardly put way. It's like listening to a friend talk about sex. Haha Heroine is a much better take on the theme I think. Musically and production wise though, it's really solid. Love Low and Satellites. Satellites might be their best closer.

13. Bane

The spiciest meme

Let's Cheers to This is probably my favorite from them >_> I feel it's a good in-between of their first album and some of their later influences. So it would prob be for me

Let's Cheers to This > With Ears to See > Feel > Madness

14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Satellites would be their best closer if it weren't for Don't Say Anything, love the fuck out of that song

15. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I'd like Let's Cheer more if the production was better, and also I thought all of the "hardcore" break downs felt forced. I think If You Can't Hang is the best single the band has released though. (Also adore Trophy Father and Fire)

I think you're probably right here, Don't Say Anything is really really good. I'm so used to 2 Chord being the closing song (thinking about it though, like that more than Satellites too probably)

16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Is that a bonus track? I don't even know what that song sounds like haha

17. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

Part way through my first listen of the new album...

It's consistently good but I definitely don't see why it took so long to come out. So far, as with most of PTV, I enjoy their heavier and more technical stuff to the dreamy slower parts.

I still can't stand Circles, no matter how many times I try to give it a chance.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yeah. There's two bonus tracks to the album, the first one is whatever, but 2 Chord is a pretty simple acoustic song but I really like it.

FTank likes this.
  19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Should probably go listen to that

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  20. red8ge

Regular

Kinda disappointed at this. I was hoping for an all-out scene-metalcore-pop-punk riffest like texas and the divine zero but i don't think anything lived up to texas

21. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

This is solid. Sounds like it should've come out after selfish machines though. The highs aren't as high as the last two albums, but every song is pretty good, so front to back it's a more solid listen.

22. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Reading this thread can't believe SWS are being compared to PTV but maybe that's just me, despise the former's music from Feel onwards and think Pierce the Veil have been consistently great so far, Collide With The Sky is a brilliant album imo. As someone said earlier when they're technical and heavy they're at their best. Loved The Divine Zero and the song they released after that (Circles was crap though) so looking forward to giving this a go later.

23. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

My luck lately has been famously bad, today's is I saw the mail man with my package with Misadventures and the Dance Gavin Dance live album in it, and he delivered a package to my mother then forgot to deliver mine. So guess I won't be getting that today.

24. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Exactly how I felt. Listened to it yesterday morning and haven't had the motivation to go back.

FTank likes this.
  25. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Enjoying the new record quite a bit.