Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pierce the Veil Band • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Benjamin Lee, Mar 31, 2016.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Another one... Christ.

2. incognitojones Nov 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 14, 2017)
    incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Shit, shut em down. Change the culture top down so this isn't basically an accepted thing anymore.

awwgereee likes this.
  3. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

So by this plan, the way Jesse Lacey could redeem himself would be to openly apologize to each person he abused. Correct? I'm trying to understand what redemption looks like, because we haven't seen it successfully happen yet.

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

at this point, no, because there are so many people that have come out. it's not just one case, it's many cases and dragged out over a very long period. maybe there's some sort of rehabilitation that could help but that's not in my place to decide.

read this gnarwolves statement. this is good. this is a guy admitting he made a mistake and wants to fix it

ryanfears likes this.
  5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I think some isolated incidents could be redeemed. Jesse's situation is beyond redemption.

beachdude42 and cwhit like this.
  6. Micah511

okay cool, thanks for linking that. I just saw Jason's answer to this same question, and it helped me understand what to expect as well.

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Surprised at the silence from the band and no statement. Compared to Don Bronco and With Confidence releasing statements within minutes, this seems like they’re trying to potentially formulate an explanation.

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. Micah511

Might be a bit harder since Mike and Vic are brothers.

9. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I also wouldn't be surprised if they haven't heard it. Or if they don't think it's had enough publicity to talk about. Because really, Chorus is the only news site that has really covered it seems.

10. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

This is starting get more publicity now, and a second person has come forward about Mike. Hopefully the band says something soon. And as much as I know it’s hard because Mike is Vic’s brother, I hope they take him out of the band.

beachdude42 and Bryan Diem like this.
  11. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I saw that shitty meme where it's a fake tour poster with all the bands that have had allegations come out recently. Lotta people are sharing it. Good for exposing bad dudes, but you suck if you share that.

beachdude42 and Benjamin Lee like this.
  12. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. Kristen

Regular

Still no word? Seems odd to me

beachdude42 likes this.
  14. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Vic started posting like normal again, so I guess the band’s hoping they ignored it long enough for people to forget/not care. That’s really shitty.

LWS, incognitojones and beachdude42 like this.
  15. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Not gonna lie, I’m way more conflicted and sad about this than I was about Brand New. This band is my girlfriend’s (of three years) favorite band. And there’s a lot of memories tied into them. We drove 5 hours to see them in Atlanta. They’ve always been the one band me and her were both really into. Idk if I can abandon this band like I did BN.

ryanfears likes this.
  16. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Good on Mike for leaving the band even if the statement didn't really have a good apology in it I think

17. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

That statement was one of the biggest pieces of PR bullshit I’ve ever read. Haha

18. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Wait so he actually left...?

Bryan Diem likes this.
  19. I think what Mike did was definitely wrong, and the statement was super weak, but one part of it that kinda sucks is that if this was most other states (including where I’m from), Romeo and Juliet laws would have made it legal.

20. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Wait, don’t Romeo and Juliet laws only apply to relationships between people who started to dating in high school with a few years between them? So that say, if a 14 and 17 year old dated, it wouldn’t go from legal to illegal when the 17 turned 18? Or is Romeo and Juliet laws the same as age of consent laws?

21. I'm pretty sure they just establish a legal age gap between someone who is at the age of consent and someone who is an adult.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  22. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Yes, sounds like he intends to come back at some point tho. Not sure what he's going to do in the interim to fix things

beachdude42 likes this.
  23. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Hate to bump this thread again, but I'm consistently amazed at how well Misadventures holds up for me. Every time I come back to it I feel I like it more. So uh, yeah, it rules

js977 likes this.
  24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I’m glad you feel that way but I felt the complete opposite. Felt dated on arrival haha

25. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Usually I'm not this much of an outlier, but aside from my friends who like PTV (who almost all think Misadventures is a masterpiece) I don't think I've seen anyone quite as enamored with it as I am.