Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pierce the Veil Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Benjamin Lee, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Their new album comes out May 13th. I've always thought the band was pretty consistent with their releases, so I'm sure Misadventures will be no different. So, here's a thread for the band.

2. Chase Apr 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2016)
    Chase

CAF

They will be going on tour with I The Mighty and Movements, leaked date on 6/12 for Cleveland HOB.
    Tickets are on sale Friday so I'd expect an announcement around noon possibly

http://s18.postimg.org/4984aiimh/image.png

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This could be a pretty cool show. I haven't listened to Pierce the Veil much lately, but I definitely will check out the new album and try to get tickets to the show. I'm pretty sure these are all going to sell out instantly.

My biggest complaint with Pierce the Veil's live show has always been that they always play such similar setlists, so it'll be cool to see them do something completely different and fresh for a change. They're so much fun live. I'm looking forward to it!

4. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

As much as I like Pierce the Veil, I like I the Mighty a lot more, so I'm super excited for this tour. Closest one to me (in NC) is the Atlanta date though, so I hope I can make it to one.

5. red8ge

Regular

i think this is gonna be the Scenecore AOTY for me

6. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

What is the competition? haha

7. red8ge

Regular

yeah, seems like the only real competitor from what it looks like

8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

There's been quite a few good post-hardcore releases recently from smaller bands, but as far as big acts in the genre go this will probably be "Scenecore AOTY" yeah lol

9. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yeah, Hands like Houses new album was pretty good. Saosin and Dance Gavin Dance also release the month of Pierce the Veil though, so I'm gonna have a post-hardcore month basically. What other bands would be considered "scenecore" though? Like, older Sleeping with Sirens, Black Veil Brides, or?

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. beachdude

Idk honestly haha, SWS can definitely go in that category though. I often think of the DGD/Hands Like Houses type post-hardcore when I think of "scene post-hardcore", but honestly those bands are better than a lot of the generic post-hardcore out there.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  11. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Huh. I always called "scenecore" "hot topic bands". Haha And associated it with bands like Black Veil Brides, SWS, Asking Alexandria, PtV, Memphis Mayfire, etc. Then again, my labeling would have those bands mixed with Never Shout Never, My Chemical Romance and Panic! At the Disco, so scenecore is probably better. The fans of bands like these turned me off so much, I never checked them out until I met my girlfriend and all of her favorite bands would fall under my Hot topic band genre.

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. beachdude

Yeah those are actually probably good examples of "scenecore" haha

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  13. SweetThye

@sweetthye

Just put a medley preview up on Spotify. Sounds rad. Sounds so much better than Collide With the Sky.

14. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I hope you're right. I've liked each album less than the last, and the three songs released so far have made me feel that trend will continue. Haha

15. sukottokairu

Regular

I'm dying for this album!!!

16. sukottokairu

Regular

I'm dying for this album!!!

17. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Just listened to this for the first time, and honestly I'm not blown away. But I also wasn't a PTV fan until CWTS, and I've never been crazy into the rest of their discography (I still like a good portion of it though). I think the reason I liked CWTS so much is because it came out the summer after I graduated high school, and I really connected with the album. I think I'm just not really a big fan of this type of music anymore.

18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I'm waiting for my Amazon pre-order to listen, kinda sad because I did the merchnow pre-order for my girlfriend and got her a signed polaroid for being one of the first orders, and merchnow just said shipping pre-orders has been delayed.

19. goosetoph

u wut m8?

New album is pretty solid. A couple heavy songs and less ballads (which is a good thing).

20. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Wasn't there only one Ballad on Collide with the Sky (Hold On Til' May)?

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

A few songs into this album, I could've sworn it was almost over.... but I was on track 4. It's not bad, it's just...there. It's exactly the same throughout.

Jose likes this.
  22. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Oh man. I am waiting to listen to this until I get mine in the mail, but yeah a lot of people don't seem to be too big on it. I've kinda been hoping it's just users who don't like the band. I hope I like it. I've liked the singles except Circles which I thought was whatever.

23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

To be fair, I'm not a huge fan of the band. I did like some of their last album quite a bit though. Put it this way -- I liked it enough to have expectations for this one.

24. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Ah, I've thought they've gotten a little worse with each album honestly. So maybe I'll like this a lot.

25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

i've never listened to anything else more than once haha. Always kinda meant to but never cared enough to remember