Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pierce The Veil / Sum 41 / Emarosa / Chapel Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by KKnoxville, Feb 28, 2017.

1. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Pierce The Veil setlist from setlist.fm

Texas Is Forever
    Bulls In The Bronx
    Today I Saw The Whole World
    A Match Into Water
    Yeah Boy And Doll Face
    Floral & Fading
    Issues (Julia Michaels cover)
    Stay Away From My Friends
    Dive In
    Caraphernelia
    Circles

encore:
    Hold On Till May
    King For A Day

2. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

AKA nothing special.

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Anyone get how long Sum 41 is playing? I already hate that they're not headlining but if they get like under an hour I'll be pissed

4. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

The idea of a band that only plays 12/13 song sets wasting one of their slots on a cover when a hefty chunk of their 4 album discography has remained untouched in a live setting is a crime.

Bryan Diem and Frenzyofdeceit like this.
  5. sr6171

I went to both Denver shows and I believe it's right under an hour, they went on around 8:05 and finished about 9. Times may be a little off but not by much

6. atlas

Trusted

I hope everyone attending this tour is appreciating how good/fun Emarosa are live

Daniel182, Matt504 and Frenzyofdeceit like this.
  7. jordanjohnson09

Regular

setlist has sum 41 at 20 songs.

8. sr6171

I was at both of those shows and the setlist is completely wrong. They only played 11 or 12 each night

jordanjohnson09 likes this.
  9. jordanjohnson09

Regular

good to know!

10. sr6171

I went through and fixed the sum 41 setlists to the best of my ability for anyone who is interested

11. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

I just won tix to the New Orleans date through my radio station 106.1 The Underground, pretty excited!!!!!

12. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Really hope PtV isn't doing a cover anymore for the Lanc show tonight. Does anyone know set times/when doors are? I'm helping hosting a panel on Immigrant/Refugees in the city a few blocks away and would like to not miss Emarosa if I can because :heart:e:heart:m:heart:a:heart:r:heart:o:heart:s:heart:a:heart:

cybele likes this.
  13. michael_gatto

Trusted

Honestly glad Philly isn't getting this tour. So much happier with the Emarosa/Chapel off show.

14. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like the sound guy they're using for this tour needs to get his ears checked. All the acts vocals were way to low.

Performance wise Chapel was ok, Emarosa and Sum 41 were great!!!!! Pierce The Veil bored me, I feel like the show they put on was very dated. Didn't help that after Sum 41 played half of the crowd left...

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Dude I had NO idea people like sum 41 this much!! And also that 99% PTV fans ONLY care about Collide with the sky songs. Seriously, crowd was like dead for Yeah Boy. I couldn't believe it. I thought everyone was great tonight, and I love PtV even if everyone else only likes King for a Day and Match Into Water, haha

16. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Collide With The Sky is by far the best selling album they have, up to that point they were kind of stuck in a rut...

17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I know that, and I know most people think it's their best, but that doesn't mean they have to ignore every song they play that isn't from CWTS.

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just got back. As I expected Sum 41 blew everyone else out of the water. PTV was okay but didn't really deserve to play last imo

19. darkstorms139

Regular

Everybody pretty much stayed for PTV tonight and the crowd didn't seem dead at all (this thread made it out to be). Might have to do with them haven't played here since Warped. But all the bands were great and it was a super fun show.

20. Kristen

Regular

I went to this last night and Chapel was decent. Kortney is fun to watch drum but I don't know how much I care for their music.

Emarosa was amazing as expected. I saw Bradley multiple times outside of the venue but didn't stop him because I figured he was busy and I didn't really have much to say haha. I went to their merch table after Sum played and he was standing there so I talked to him then and he is a super nice guy.

Sum 41 was amazing. My first concert was Sum 41/Good Charlotte back in 2004. I was there for GC. My dad took me and he was appalled at the amount of cursing that Deryck displayed. He wasn't happy about it. So it was funny last night seeing kids with their dads who were only there for pierce the veil. I knew they were experiencing that same thing haha!

Pierce was good but I was a little bored. But I'm happy because I heard Stay Away from my Friends and Hold On Until May.

Bryan Diem and Davjs like this.
  21. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Did you see any parents with Sum 41 gear on? I saw a few at my date. I don't care for the band, but it was fun to see. I'm still a little surprised by how often people say they're bored by PtV's set.

22. Kristen

Regular

haha yeah I saw a few dads rocking out who looked like they knew Sum's stuff. It was interesting dynamic because I had a balcony seat but you can also go to the floor whenever you want. The balcony of course had all of the dads/young daughters.

I can't pinpoint what it is about PTV that makes them boring. I enjoy their music and thought they sounded great. They mixed it up with slower/acoustic songs. Idk what else would make them not boring to me but it's just what I felt.

23. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Yeah, the only complaint I really had was the crowd on getting down to CWTS songs and the inclusion of a cover was a bummer. Are you into Misadventures at all? Those songs seemed the least well-received at my show, even though those were some of my favorites to hear (especially Texas is Forever, looooove that song)

24. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

A lot of people in that scene never seem to move beyond whatever album got them into the band. It's like the last time I saw Memphis May Fire. Everybody went nuts for The Sinner and a couple of Challenger songs, but seemed like they couldn't be bothered with anything from Unconditional.

25. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

It was hilarious to me that the late 20's into 30's+ crowd suddenly emerged out of nowhere for Sum 41's set at my date. Then a couple of them screamed "fuck the next band!" and left. I love PTV but it was all very funny to me. I went outside and talked to a few dudes before PTV's set and they were like "who the hell is this Pierce the Veil band? Why isn't Sum 41 headlining?"

I also became a fan of Chapel and Emarosa because of this tour. Man did those bands put on damn good shows. Emarosa blew my mind.