Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pierce The Veil / Sum 41 / Emarosa / Chapel Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by KKnoxville, Feb 28, 2017.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Is this poster implying that Sum 41 is not playing last?

If so, what the fuck?

2. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely going to the New Orleans date...

3. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

No MI date... so weird how artists skip this state so often.

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

VIP Package - $100.00
    • One (1) General Admission Ticket
    • Meet and Greet w/ Pierce The Veil
    • Photo Opp w/ Pierce The Veil
    • Patch Set
    • Tour Poster
    • Souvenir Laminate w/ Lanyard

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

VIP for most dates are already sold out.

6. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Are you questioning if PTV is the bigger band? If so, the answer is yes. Sum 41 is in the greatest spot. They'll be playing for the biggest crowd each night and have a headlining set while PTV is probably going to lose a decent sized chunk of the audience every night.

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

PTV is bigger? Am I just incredibly out of touch? Everybody knows at least one Sum 41 song, and it looked like PTV ran out of steam years ago. My sister used to be their biggest fan but hasn't even talked about them in probably two or three years now

8. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

PTV did lose some steam with their new album, but in terms of popularity, PTV is still bigger. Sum might have that "household recognition", but that doesn't drag people out to see them. Sum is comfortable pulling and selling out 2000 or so cap rooms a night (think House of Blues-style clubs), where PTV have already hit that next level. They're very close in terms of draw, but you'll see more PTV fans at these shows than Sum fans for sure just because of how PTV did already outgrow a lot of those 2K cap HOB style rooms and Sum hasn't taken that next step yet. I'm sure the age gap in the fanbases (average PTV fan being probably 16 or so and average Sum fan being a bit older, probably in their 20's) adds to that, where the younger gen just goes to concerts to go and the older gen has become more selective as they have more responsibilities.

A lot of PTV's dropoff was either 1.) fans who didn't want to be associated with being their fan anymore because it all of a sudden got cool to hate them when their fanbase grew and changed, 2.) people who stopped caring because it took 4 years for Misadventures to come out (and let's be real, PTV basically played the same exact Collide-heavy setlist for 4 years in a row), or 3.) people who just didn't like the new album, but even after all of that, on their last headliner they opted for bigger rooms and still did decently well.

TL;DR - PTV draws more kids out even though Sum might have more mainstream recognition, but not by much.

Sorry for the novel, I am fascinated by this stuff and I like talking about it.

9. Behind the Barricade

Brian M basically hit the nail on the head. If this tour happened in 3 years and PTV had another dud of an album, I say Sum 41 would've easily headlined. Like I said before, this is the perfect spot for them to gain new, younger fans. I'm sure almost every PTV fan knows who Sum 41 is but haven't really listened to them.

10. Blink183

NJ show moved to Starland Ballroom

11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Bigger venue?

12. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

13. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Why did they move it?

14. Behind the Barricade

I'm going to guess poor sales. There's no info on any construction or closings in May.

15. esposimi

Regular Prestigious

I have a feeling it got moved to be closer to the NYC area.

16. Behind the Barricade

That's not a bad thought. Even though I've been to Toms River numerous times growing up, is the venue close to a train station? The reason I ask is that Starland is basically in the middle of no man's land and if there's no real public transportation to Pine Belt, then I can fully comprehend your theory.

17. esposimi

Regular Prestigious

I'm not too familiar with the area, but a quick look at Google Maps shows there doesn't appear to be anything remotely close to Pine Belt in terms of that. Starland is not much better off but it's much closer of a drive.

18. Behind the Barricade

It is true it is a closer drive (by almost an hour). I know it's a pain to get to but the NYC fans would get to The Paramount a lot faster than Starland. I'm actually surprised it didn't meet in the middle and have the show at Convention Hall or the Pony Summer Stage (on May 11th) if it was more of a location move.

19. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I tweeted at Starland asking why they moved the show and they said the scheduling worked out better for them

20. Behind the Barricade

They would never say it was due to poor ticket sales haha. So they save about an hour from driving to Starland rather than Toms River. Then they have to be in Iowa in 2 days. Capacity-wise, Pine Belt holds 3200 for a concert. Starland is 2500. From May 7-14, Starland has a show every night except for the 8th. Other than having an open night on the 10th, how is the scheduling any better?

21. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I know lol it didn't make sense. But if it were due to ticket sales, I mean it just went a sale a few weeks ago, still a few months before the show so I don't see how they can really judge how the sales are going to end up being this early.

22. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Poor ticket sales wouldn't be the reason in this case - the show was only on sale for like...120 hours before it got moved. Unless they only sold like 12 tickets, I bet it has something to do with the Tom's River venue.

23. Behind the Barricade

Usually venues would come out and say there's construction or damage to their venue and need to move their shows. The other show they have over there is the Harlem Globetrotters this month and that's not affected. I'm going to guess this show sold 200-300 tickets the first 72 hours of being on sale (10% of the venue). Pine Belt panicked and successfully moved the show to Starland. Either that or Pine Belt got a better offer/guarantee for May 10th.

24. chris_williams67

Regular

Anyone have info on the 5/17 date for the street team and who's working it?

25. jordanjohnson09

Regular

i would imagine ptv would be closing every night given the stage set up for this tour