Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pierce the Veil Finally Address Allegations of Misconduct • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

Also like... Apologizing is, almost by definition, not ever going to be enough. At the absolute best, it's the start of restoration, to be followed by the actual labor of restoration and MAYBE eventual accepted rehabilitation. This kind of bullshit, vague, blame shifting non apology signals a complete refusal go even initiate that process. He deserves absolutely no credit or acceptance.

Amber and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  2. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I didn't think the question was intentionally condescending (it wasn't by me, but if they hadn't of asked it, I may have). Everyone demands a public statement, and generally is it ever acceptable, and rarely does anyone ever go into why besides 'ughhh, so bad!'. I appreciate your linked articles and video (I am still reading and watching and while I may not ultimately agree with it all, at least it's an attempt at education). And before anyone chimes in saying it's not their job to educate, I would disagree. If you personally demand better from someone, you should probably let them now what that better means (especially with something like this when no one seems to get it right). If an apology was as simple as you're all saying it is, every single one wouldn't be flawed in your eyes. Either way, I don't think it's condescending to ask for the correct way to do something that is never judged as correct and never expanded on why (at least in this forum).

EDIT: In reading some posts I skipped over since yours, there are a lot of people in here that have succinctly expressed their issues with this specific apology so my last statement isn't an absolute.