Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pierce The Veil – “Circles” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 26, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I like King for A Day much more than these three songs and Bulls in the Bronx is (in my eyes) one of their best songs to date.

The worst songs on Collide still beat all three songs released so far in my opinion. I am guessing the label wanted the band to go more pop so we get these lackluster songs as a result. There definitely has to be something like that going on cause this band went to record this album like almost two years ago if I remember correctly.

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty safe for these guys. Didn't think it was bad, but also it didn't stike me as particularly amazing. Either way, these guys are getting bigger every album and I can think of worse bands to get number 1 and a ton of radio play.

Still dig their first two albums a lot though.

3. Yawn.

4. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Didn't these guys spend a hell of a long time making this album? I swear I read they scrapped an album worth of material and this is still shaping up to be their weakest yet.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  5. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Song itself it's okay, but I don't think it will have much lasting value.

6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Ah, had no idea that was the same day. I don't think PTV does less than what ATL didL. It's gonna be massive number.
    Forgot about her. I don't think this does less than what ATL did, so still a huge opening number.

7. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Dude took years to finish vocals and lyrics.

8. Solidus

This is a war, sober up

This is shaping up to be my least favorite album of theirs yet, by a mile. The songs they've released so far are just so... boring. Really disappointed.

I was actually gonna say something exactly like this.

9. shawnhyphenray

Regular

This is sounding to be their best album yet

10. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

It has absolutely nothing to do wit the label. Vic took forever to finish lyrics & vocals.

11. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

This feels like a sad attempt at a radio friendly song. Cheering for these guys, but my anticipation for the record has depleted. I'll still support come release day though.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Holy lol. Not trying to be a dick to Vic, he seems like a solid dude since I had friends that personally knew him when I lived in SD years back, but WHATTTTTT. These lyrics are so generic and very standard (and very boring) PTV themes. Hell, Bulls in the Bronx is a thousand times more creative of a song then all three of these songs combined. If that's truly the case then wow... these lyrics should not take anyone years to finish.

This song and that album cover seem tailor-made for Hot Topic kids to eat up. I enjoy PTV a lot musically so I'll add the album once it's on Apple Music. The guitar riff on their announcement video sounded pretty damn sweet so I'm sure there will at least be a song or two for me to actually like.

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah I remember reading that somewhere too and it's the only thing that makes sense if it wasn't the label trying to change their mind. I remember they started writing this record like 10 months after Collide came out. It was originally going to come out pretty damn soon but now we are at four years. I really hope these three songs are the weakest and that the record still have some new untapped territory for these guys to explore.

14. sawhney[rusted]

luv is blind

If "Sambuka" isn't some weird crazy shit I'm going to be really sad.

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Top 10, probably top 5, but not as high as it would've been if it was released two years ago.

16. Kristen

Regular

I'm a fan of their previous releases, especially Collide but all of the songs released so far have not been anything special. I'll give the album a chance but it's falling off pretty quickly for me.

17. I couldn't listen to the whole thing.

18. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

I've never really been a fan of this band but I'm digging this song.

19. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Thoughts? It just feels very...empty...and like something is missing. Some decent cuts, but overall, meh.

20. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

It leaked??