Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pianos Become The Teeth Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kennedy, Mar 8, 2016.

1. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I forget about this too much. I'm gonna give it a jam today. So damn good.

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

According to my friend they're on a hiatus for a while, both them and title fight. Pianos situation is that they're all married and stuff

GettingSodas likes this.
  3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Well kinda a good news=bad news situation. I'm happy for them.

GettingSodas likes this.
  4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

^^^

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

I doubt they're done or anything just taking the year off, which is very sensical

6. Deathco_019

Drummer

They're earned it, that's for sure

coleslawed and GettingSodas like this.
  7. what

Regular

In all honesty, if they stopped making music forever I would be disappointed, but keep you would be quite the record to go out on.

8. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I'm glad to hear that they are taking time to enjoy their families and recuperate from the Keep You cycle. That album can keep me contented for a while. I'd love to hear something new from them maybe at the end of next year or early the following year, which I don't think is unrealistic.

9. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Genuinely cannot believe Keep You is approaching its second birthday as it is, so I'm cool if I have to wait a little while longer.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Keep You is the only album I know but damn it's good

11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

keep you never goes out of season

Toner, airik625, KennedyBN and 3 others like this.
  12. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

Yup. I like it much more. I never hated it but found no reason to go back to it until recently.

13. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Eh, I can only really listen to it in fall/winter. It's too emotionally heavy for me to want to play in the spring/summer.

14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

It's good for spring and summer nights

coleslawed likes this.
  15. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Tried it, don't like it. Don't get me wrong, I love the album, generally, but it's just not what I'm looking for from music in the spring and summer months.

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I never could decide for sure which album I enjoyed more in 2015; Pianos Become The Teeth, or Damien Rice. I listen to Keep You more. I have to be in a certain mood to listen to either album though. The brilliance behind both records cannot be overstated.

17. Horrorca

Trusted

Keep You makes me feel a certain way

such a special album

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  18. algae

Regular Prestigious

keep you is the most emotionally destroying album in the world

19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I don't really get "seasonal albums", I can listen to Keep You and The Lack Long After every damn day of the year.

what and Letterbomb31 like this.
  20. airik625

You don't get a certain "feel" while listening to an album? Ever? For example, when you listen to Chroma or Everything In Transit, you aren't like, "hey, this would be so perfect blasting through my speakers while driving with your windows down in the middle of the summer"?

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I don't listen to those albums. But idk, maybe? Usually when I listen to an album I think about how good it is, rather than "this would be better if...". I mean, if it works, fire ahead. There's no one way to listen to album, it's just I've never had that. Lesions destroys me no matter what day of the year I listen to it, for example.

22. airik625

That's not necessarily the first thing I think of either. And it's really more genres that I identify with seasons than it is individual albums.

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah, I feel you. I've just never identified albums with seasons I guess.

24. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Keep You is a fall record. Dead leaves, chill in the air, etc. makes a good backdrop for their music. Same with Dealer and Harmlessness, but the latter can be good in the summer as well.

Keep You is good enough to hold me off until 2017, especially when you factor in the extra songs. Hopeful for them in 2017 though.

KidLightning likes this.
  25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I've seen this be such a common thing people say or talk about on this site and I've never once thought that, ha. I don't like driving in the summer though.

Nick likes this.