Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pianos Become The Teeth Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kennedy, Mar 8, 2016.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

all love craig

2. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I feel like things are looking up for me on that front. I've been able to talk about it a lot more, especially in my writing, over the last year which has really helped me sort out how losing him just as I was for the first time in my life really starting to get close to him has shaped my identity. I think music has helped a ton too with that. Maybe it's time to finally dive back into The Lack Long After and see what wisdom it can give me.

3. Horrorca

Trusted

I am sorry to hear that, and I hope you find solace soon.

I thought about the rust,
    the quote on the ledge about living on,
    "that great consciousness of life,"
    oh, what we frame and hang to get by,
    whatever keeps your heart light,
    whatever keeps you is all right by me,
    but maybe I don't want to talk about how this life layed me down,
    or how I saw the change because I didn't see you everyday

this is the part that moves me the most in the album, particularly the bolded part - something about the the words and inflection make me feel a certain way

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  4. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

there are certain times of the year where I can only put their albums on when I know I'm prepared for a good cry.

5. Deathco_019

Drummer

Much love to you, Craig.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  6. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Big hearts Craig

8. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Say Nothing is my favorite PBTT song, but every time I hear "Come inside, warm those hands" in 895 I just get goose bumps

9. Horrorca

Trusted

that part with the tremollo picking is an album (not album) highlight without a doubt - will make me feel a certain way everytime

10. T.K. Jun 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2016)
    T.K.

Prestigious Browser Prestigious

The thought I associated most with Keep You is how it encapsulates the period between loss/anger and recovery/absence. I know some people believe that the production muted the record, but the subdued nature of it feels so painfully organic and natural to me. Each song appears like it's building up to a moment of release, but instead just stays simmering on the brim. The absence leaves a presence. I've struggled with the lost of my best friend and that's how it still feels even after three years. This record is cathartic to me in an entirely different way.

Also I'm so sorry for your loss, hope you're doing okay man and that things get better for you.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

12. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

And I'm still here
    Still on this side of the grass

This whole song is fucking perfect.

"That's as good as it gets, man."

Deathco_019 and Zac Djamoos like this.
  13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

These guys, and Moving Mountains, sing about death and grief in incredibly beautiful and poignant ways

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  14. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

Hence my avatar slogan thing. Best album of 2014. One of my top favorites ever.

Aj LaGambina and Ken like this.
  15. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

oh man, forgot all about 895.

"I'm getting close"

t_papaccio likes this.
  16. Deathco_019

Drummer

895 is fucking perfect

austindavispdx and t_papaccio like this.
  17. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

So so good. I still wonder how that didn't make the album...

coleslawed likes this.
  18. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Keep You is so good and the b-sides are so good and this band is so good. "April" still wrecks me like it did the first time I heard it

teebs41, stillbrazy and coleslawed like this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Need to revisit keep you soon

20. 5Stories

Regular

I loved the first two albums but somehow never got round to checking out Keep You. Listened last night and I was convinced it was the wrong band, mislabeled. Anyway, I really love it, which is unusual for when a band so radically changes their sound. Maybe it's the best thing they've done.

21. Deathco_019

Drummer

Listened to TLLA for the first time in a while a few days ago and it's still incredibly crushing. I need to relisten to Old Pride though. For some reason that album hasn't stuck with me like TLLA has.

22. dead_fm

Regular

Cripples Can't Shiver and Young Fire.......both so so good and powerful. I love Houses We Die In also (since we're talking about the old stuff)

23. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Old Pride doesn't get much credit because it's not on the level of TLLA or Keep You, but it's still a really, really great listen

ghostedaway and coleslawed like this.
  24. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

Re-listening to Keep You. never struck a chord with me before but I'm a fan now. Always happy when that happens.

Aj LaGambina likes this.
  25. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

this is what has been happening to me these past few days... really digging it almost 2 years later