Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pianos Become The Teeth Band • Page 26

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kennedy, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

genuinely shocked at some of the reactions

2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i like it but i do - and have for a while now - pretty much on every song want them to dip a bit into the older style. it’ll never happen and that’s fine but it does lessen my enjoyment of them a bit

waking season likes this.
  3. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Yeah that was just OK. Unsure if it’s because of YouTube but those drums we’re way too punchy in my air pod pros.

4. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Damn, this is tight.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I loved this

6. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

I like this quite a bit. Wish they would re-explore the heavy stuff at some point.

waking season likes this.
  7. bobbyblakem

Major In Rainbows era Radiohead vibes

8. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Absolutely love this.

It's a bit disorienting, but in a good way. The overlapping vocal melodies, some of the lyrics that aren't quite the phrases you think they are/will be ("practice takes purses"), the way the song keeps shifting and building and never settling on being just one thing.

I also think they're way better at the post-rock/"emo" sound than they ever were at being a "heavy" band, but I know I'm probably in the minority on that.

9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think the best version of the band would mix the two.

Iago and AgonizingFir like this.
  10. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Interesting single choice. Didn’t love it upon first listen but second time through watching the video and I’m in. Really dig the breakout at the end. So excited for this album. Also very excited for The Tricks based on how this one ends and seems to lead into the next song.

Elder Lightning likes this.
  11. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

new song is great.

Elder Lightning likes this.
  12. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

That outro gets my foot tapping and head bopping so hard. My colleague just peered from around her monitor and asked me "Are you listening to that Piano Teeth song again?" :crylaugh:

13. Mason

Regular

Not my favorite thing, but it might grow on me. Drums are a highlight and I do enjoy the ending of the song. I don't mind the change in style too much but I always go back to Lack Long After as my favorite album by them. A combined style of both of their sounds would definitely be amazing, but I don't think that will happen.

Badtasteinmusic likes this.
  14. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

15. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

My wife calls them Piano Teeth too

Toner and WanderingSquall like this.
  16. bedwettingcosmo

Ken, Crisp X, waking season and 3 others like this.
  17. Dinkleberg

Go birds Supporter

Cool

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

lol

19. bedwettingcosmo

oh fuck haha i was trying to remember what i posted recently in this thread that would be getting likes.

Ken, StormAndTheSun and Dinkleberg like this.
  20. jciswhatis

Finally listened to the new one and it’s different and great. Their set list on their last tour was really great. I might check them out next month when they come through.

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Dinkleberg

Go birds Supporter

Definitely check them out live if you can. They absolutely turn it up to 11 live. Just a different vibe than on record

coleslawed likes this.
  22. jciswhatis

Oh I’ve seen them 2 or 3 times. But that set list actually has me way more interested to see them again.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Revisiting Wait For Love this morning so good still. Forgot how good the last three song run of Manila, Love On Repeat, and Blue were

Phantoms, theagentcoma and Dinkleberg like this.
  24. Dinkleberg

Go birds Supporter

Yeah the first three and last three songs are the real strength of the record for me.

Cameron likes this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I think now removed a little bit from Drift I really love it BUT I prefer WFL just a tad.