Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pianos Become The Teeth Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kennedy, Mar 8, 2016.

1. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

How far are you from Vancouver? I know it was a 12 hour greyhound when I lived in Jasper.

2. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I'm im Edmonton. Driving to Vancouver on my own is about a 12 hour drive. Have you made the big treck to Vancouver for many shows?

3. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Nah never did it. I did the drive from Jasper to Pemberton for their fest in July which was sweet. Was about a 9 hour trip. I'm living in Whistler now so tripping to Vancouver is super easy now.

4. Kennedy

Oh that's sweet! Yeah dude if only we got more shows lol... My pain is when bands announce "US / Canadian tours", then when you check the dates it's only Toronoto haha.

5. Kennedy

It's super rad to visit, but insane expensive to live

6. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

It's amazing. I was going to live there for the summer but it's so expensive.

I was lucky living near Toronto most of my life. Can't wait to move back next month. I've missed the privilege of getting nearly every tour.

7. Kennedy

That's sweet man. I've lived in Edmonton most of my life and yeah, pretty dry for most tours

8. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Hear ya. I was always looking when I was in Jasper and it was like a wasteland. Calgs isn't much better. Think you've still got a one up on the east coast and Saskatchewan.

9. Kennedy

That is definitely the truth

10. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Joining the conversation.

I've listened to Keep You probably more than any other album since its release.

teebs41 likes this.
  11. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Wonder what these guys have been up to.

12. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Keep You will always be important.

teebs41 likes this.
  13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Forever and always. Those B-Sides are incredible and just add to the album.

14. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Hopping in here, pretty much agree with everything that's been said.

15. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

It still amazes me how much Keep You blew me away, so damn good.

teebs41 likes this.
  16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

saw them a year ago last weekend and it was a performance I'll probably never forget. April/May their last two albums always hit especially hard, so this show was the perfect storm of that time of year (which I assume puts him in a similar situation of feels as me)+ Durfey's lyrics/emotions on stage, and teared up multiple times throughout the set.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. Iago

forbidden chalice.

If Keep You had better production/was less subdued in the big moments, it would probably be a top 3 record for me.

18. Horrorca

Trusted

I like most of their shit but Keep You is something special - hit me like a ton of bricks when it came out and still does

musicianship is amazing but what really makes it special is the songwriting and the atmosphere

it is also a lesson in sobriety and restraint - their grasp of space and breath in the songs is awesome

can't wait for a new one, I would love to hear them try their hand at a(n even) more pop-ish sound (maintaining their characteristic sound)

coleslawed likes this.
  19. Horrorca

Trusted

also, 895 is unbelievable - it was supposed to be the Keep You's opening track, interesting it eventually got left out of the album (due to sequencing I suppose?)

coleslawed likes this.
  20. travisred

Trusted Supporter

These guys don't have enough hype. Really hope we see something about them recording by the end of the year.

teebs41 and AndrewSoup like this.
  21. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

same, i think it'd be great timing for another record this year

22. Horrorca

Trusted

I wish they release something this winter!!

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  23. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I'd love a new record from them.

24. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Yeah a new record in the fall/winter would be ideal, but that would mean they would have to be recording/finishing up pretty soon.

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'd be interested to know where they go musically and lyrically. The last album felt like acceptance and so I wonder where his inspiration will come from this time.

coleslawed likes this.