Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pianos Become The Teeth Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kennedy, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Pianos Become The Teeth are a rock/post-hardcore band from Baltimore Maryland. They're an awesome band and have evolved with every release. Talk about them.

teebs41 likes this.
  2. Sophos

Regular

keep you is the best album to come out of the new wave of the scene this decade

teebs41 and fenway89 like this.
  3. Kennedy

amen to that brother. what a record. itll be pretty interesting to see where this band goes next. i feel like theyre not a band that will ever put out the same record twice. they always sound so new with every release.

4. Sophos

Regular

i mean no theres a good few albums i think are better than keep you to come out this decade (shortlist: yeezus, sunbather, new bermuda, no devolucion, currents, lonerism, rival dealer, kindred, a few others) but its definitely in my top 20 of the decade

5. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

very consistent band, yet still managed to blow me away with the last one. One of the best genre transitions in a long time.

6. Sophos

Regular

i actually might prefer the lack long after to keep you. maybe. they're pretty much exactly the same in terms of how much i love them

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  7. PyramidPostcard

yeah i'm with you. I just love them both and find it too difficult to compare

8. Sophos

Regular

and i mean shit, my favorite song by them comes from old pride ("cripples cant shiver.") that is, other than "hiding," which is obviously their best song

coleslawed and PyramidPostcard like this.
  9. Kennedy

The Lack Longer after wrecks me

teebs41 likes this.
  10. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

The Lack Long After and Keep You are both classics, but in different genres. And yeah, "Hiding" is their best song hands down. That song is incredibly powerful and moving.

11. PyramidPostcard

"Hiding" is perfect.

12. Kennedy

I honestly love 'April' just as much as Hiding

teebs41 likes this.
  13. Sophos

Regular

i love "lesions," "cripples cant shiver," "shared bodies," and "repine" as much as "hiding"

teebs41 likes this.
  14. Sophos

Regular

obligatory

I found myself moving my legs
    To make sure I still can
    And telling myself I don't have time

KennedyBN likes this.
  15. Kennedy

Have any of yall ever listened to these guys on the 100 Words or Less podcast? probably one of my favorite episodes, they were really really funny.

teebs41 likes this.
  16. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Hiding is like the best song to come from this scene

I like how this band said The National influenced their record and then actually came through with that. More bands should write emo records that sound like they descended from High Violet and Trouble Will Find Me.

17. Sophos

Regular

i didnt know they said that, i totally see it but damn that's awesome. the national have become such an influential band

18. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I never read it directly but I remember the info being shared in the og Keep You thread and it's something I've never forgotten and think about every time I hear the record, especially Repine.

19. Sophos

Regular

imagine if pianos opened for the national on a tour lol

brandon_260 likes this.
  20. Sophos

Regular

thatd be the sickest

21. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Lol yeah when I heard about that I lost it. Literal dream tour.

22. Sophos

Regular

i saw it

23. Sophos

Regular

it mightve just been that date, they were both on tour and tame impala headlined in st louis a few days before that KC show

24. Sophos

Regular

it was a truly amazing night

25. Kennedy

Whenever I see you guys seeing tours like that it makes me hate living in western Canada so much