Photography • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Mar 16, 2016.

1. mattav152

shoobie

I got myself that exact set up a couple months ago and its been amazing as my first DSLR. I'd recommend it purely based off my good experience with it thus far as a complete amateur.

t_papaccio likes this.
  2. CstSnow

Regular Prestigious

So I'm in the Navy and recently got stationed on a tiny uninhabited island about 70 miles off the coast of California, exploring and taking pictures out here has been absolutely incredible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

@CstSnow Those are some awesome photos! What camera do you use?

CstSnow likes this.
  4. CstSnow

Regular Prestigious

Hey thanks, I have the Sony A6000 and I think for all of these I used the Sigma 30mm f2.8 lens.

5. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

those first two are amazing.

CstSnow likes this.
  6. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

I like the first two too, but I can't help but notice the vignette. Maybe a tad too strong?

7. CstSnow

Regular Prestigious

Yeah not even going to pretend like I don't use it way too much, aesthetically its just what I dig, but im trying to wean myself off it haha.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. mhudelson

9. MrCon

Oh, I use it in every picture I do. Just thinking that in those particular pictures, it might suit them to be a little softer.

The other issue is, you tend you edit your pictures on one screen, but you've no idea how it might look elsewhere. I've quite often edited stuff at home, uploaded it and then looked at it at work or something. Suddenly find the vignette that I thought was quite subtle is like a damn border. :tear:

10. CstSnow

Regular Prestigious

Dude, exactly!

11. MrCon

[​IMG][​IMG]

Was at a tattoo convention over the weekend. Quite pleased with this.

And how best do I share pictures in here from Flickr? It's always a mess when I do it!

12. Michael Qualiano

Regular

Hey guys need a little help. When I was abroad in London for a semester I had a black and white film photography class. We used the old Cannon 35mm AE1 cameras from like the 70's (i think). Do you know a reputable site to purchase one or should I try to go to a store?

13. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

pretty sure I have an AE I don't use very often.

14. Nevilleolivares

Very informative thread.

15. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Hey man - It's only been like a year and a half, but thanks for the kind words. Fun to come across folks who are familiar with my work in different places! Have you moved back to the PNW yet?

I'm shooting on a Canon 6d w/ canon EF 35mm f/2. Occasionally will borrow lenses from friends, but I like to keep my setup minimal.

Here's my stuff:
    instagram.com/benschuyler/
    benschuyler.com

16. thesoftskeleton

you're a germ

ive been updating my instagram with some travel photos through out the years. i had a lot in the archives i never got around to posting. https://www.instagram.com/kaitiephoto/ if youre keen!

17. paolalormar

Wow, your photos are so professional! Do you use retouching? Tell me what you think about this Quick-easy solution of how to take travel photos

18. ianebaldwin

ianebaldwin.com @ianebaldwin

19. GBlades

Trusted

Sorry for my sheer ignorance but I have a question. Don't judge if it is completed silly but I swear there's a reason i'm asking. Is there a camera that is capable of instant Polaroids but ALSO saving these digitally to maybe an SD card or the camera at the same time?

I'm not a photographer however I'm looking to take a few pictures for family purposes but also a "project" that i'm going to be doing. If not, can anyone recommend a good, relatively cheap polaroid camera?

Many thanks in advance and sorry once again if this is a completely silly request.

20. popdisaster00

Moderator Moderator

Is it silly to buy a brand new camera if you’re just getting in to photography? Are there any drawbacks to purchasing a gently used dslr?

21. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I don't think it's silly to buy new if you can afford it. If you decide it's not for you it would be a little easier to sell I would think.

The only drawbacks to used would maybe be warranty and maybe not knowing if everything is clean or working correctly. Also, if you decide to really stick with it then you might find yourself wanting something new

popdisaster00 likes this.
  22. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Sorry for bumping older posts, but how much of this is done in post? Looking to get into more nature photography (mostly hiking), and like the sort of gritty-like pictures. What do you use software wise?

23. fastlife

Regular Prestigious

I bought a used mirrorless body off of eBay and it’s got a couple scuffs but works great. Also got it for like a grand less than market price that way. I’d say used is more than fine if you’re just getting into it, especially since you’ll probably want to upgrade when you know more about how you like to shoot.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  24. CstSnow

Regular Prestigious

No worries, and with those its just adding some vignetting, and playing with the saturation and contrast.

25. Brent

Ready When You Are Prestigious

I just took these of my wife the other night... having only one light makes it tough for portraits (Alienbee 800 and softbox)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Baby due A WEEK FROM TODAY! :D

awwgereee and popdisaster00 like this.