Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Photography • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Have you not used IG since August of 2015?

2. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

I've never used it. I take it that's not a thing any more?

3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Thank you! And yeah instagram doesn't restrict you to the square anymore.

4. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Question: I used to use iPhoto, but then Mac created Photos and its not good for what Im trying to do. Just have a lot of pictures and videos from over the years and I need to organize them all. I searched but nothing comes close to how easy iPhoto was to use. I know people like Photos but I can't organize all the shit I have in albums. The events and ability to move things was so easy to use. A lot of the other application don't take videos and I'm not trying to spend a lot either.

GooglePics seems like the best option but kind of worried about the security behind it.

I'm not a photographer or anything but i felt like this would be a good thread to ask this question. Anybody have any suggestions? Any advice would help

5. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I wish I could help. I hate using Photos on mac. iPhoto was so much better in my opinion.

6. Ferrari333SP Mar 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 19, 2017)
    Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Went up to northern Minnesota today, alongside Lake Superior mostly, to test out my new Canon 80D, and this was the best I got out of it today, not changing any settings, just using the auto focus. There's a beach/sandbar I drove out to and looked back towards the sun after crossing this walking bridge. If you open the image in a new tab you should get the large version of the picture

[​IMG]

7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

One of my favorites from last year. Pretty awesome sunset and reflections to see.

[​IMG]

coleslawed, MrCon, dylan and 2 others like this.
  8. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

That is awesome

Eric Wilson likes this.
  9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks so much! The evening was pretty perfect for photos.

10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Went to the Minnesota Zoo today and just took a bunch of shots, trying to test out both near and far shooting and in various lighting conditions. Pretty much just auto-focus; I've applied some filters on them via Instagram

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

coleslawed and muttley like this.
  11. MrCon

[​IMG]

So, I just learned that trying to share from Flickr is a pain in the arse.

My friend came to visit me last weekend. Outside the planetarium.

muttley likes this.
  12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Went back to the MN Zoo yesterday; some shots with my Canon 80D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

coleslawed, MrCon and Taketimeandfind like this.
  13. MrCon

You've just reminded me that I have a zoo shot or two which needs processing!

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I should remember to bring a camera next time I do the zoo's adults night out.

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah man, that's what I was there for, their monthly adult night. It's amazing; no screaming kids, no giant families with 8 strollers, they serve beer and wine, plenty of room to move around and see what you want to see, etc. It's great. With my membership it was free, and bringing my friend it was only $10. So if you got a camera you want to use, it's a great time to do it.

I forgot; do you live in Minnesota? Or are near another zoo with an adult night?

16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

yup. up in the northwest 'burbs.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  17. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Some night time shooting last night
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dylan and coleslawed like this.
  18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Lilac tree in my parent's backyard
    [​IMG]

19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Minneapolis skyline sunset yesterday, taken with my iPhone 6S

[​IMG]

20. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I've always had an appreciation for photography and now I want to get into it. A family member suggested the Nikon D3400. Anyone have any other recommendations for a first camera?

21. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I got myself that exact set up a couple months ago and its been amazing as my first DSLR. I'd recommend it purely based off my good experience with it thus far as a complete amateur.

t_papaccio likes this.
  22. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

So I'm in the Navy and recently got stationed on a tiny uninhabited island about 70 miles off the coast of California, exploring and taking pictures out here has been absolutely incredible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

@CstSnow Those are some awesome photos! What camera do you use?

CstSnow likes this.
  24. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

Hey thanks, I have the Sony A6000 and I think for all of these I used the Sigma 30mm f2.8 lens.

25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

those first two are amazing.

CstSnow likes this.