Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Photography • Page 11

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Mar 16, 2016.

1. fastlife

Regular Supporter

Looks awesome! Crazy what you could do with phones these days. Wouldn’t have known you took these with a phone if you hadn’t said that.

coleslawed and Onlyadirector like this.
  2. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Organ mountains in southern NM :)

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  3. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

uuu likes this.
  5. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  6. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

coleslawed and Ferrari333SP like this.
  7. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Now:Navigate! and uuu like this.
  9. fastlife Jun 28, 2021
    (Last edited: Sep 26, 2023)
    fastlife

Regular Supporter

Think I follow a few of you from here already, but here’s my IG.

coleslawed and uuu like this.
  10. mattav152

thank you! seriously means a lot. I have a pretty simple/standard wildlife set up, just a Nikon D500 (crop sensor) + 200-500mm f/5.6. Light enough I can usually shoot handheld in good light. I'm trying to save up for a 500mm f/4 prime but the market for those is 99% pro (I just do this for fun) cheapest I can find is like $6k so I'll be saving for a while. That extra stop of light is expensive as hell but so worth it

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Downloaded Nikon's picture editor thing to try and play around with my RAW images. This was my first attempt. It was a relatively dull picture colorwise so I went overboard.
    [​IMG]

Had to link it from an upload elsewhere rather than upload the file itself because it was too big lol

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I actually like it done this way; it's almost like a painting in a way

David87 likes this.
  13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

YEah I definitly seem to like some oversaturation and sharpness/contrast when I'm editing. Not sure what it is that does it for me with that stuff haah

So my understanding is RAW pictures are more 'editable' or whatever? is that correct?

14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Couple more I toyed around with...
    NHLoon_001.jpg

[​IMG]

Ferrari333SP and coleslawed like this.
  15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Oslo last night at midnight (with some help from Lightroom)

E69DF2A9-802B-4B65-8579-31583279C192.jpeg

16. I lost time & interest around the time my phone and a superzoom point & shoot* outpaced my ability to afford to keep up with worthwhile SLRs, but I'm very pleased to be upgrading soon!

I didn't feel like the cost and weight of a full-frame body were worthwhile for dipping my toes back in, so I'm really excited to be buying the Canon M6 mk2. Choosing the longer kit lens (18-150mm f/3.5-6.3) and starting with the 32mm f/1.4 as well.

Would anyone else be interested in resurrecting this?

17. mattav152

I haven't shot in such a long time, almost a year at this point, I seriously need to get back into it soon. Depression rocks

Now:Navigate! likes this.
  18. ttow Oct 4, 2022
    (Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2022)
    ttow

Besides photoshop I use Skylum’s Luminar app. It's one of the best for photo editing, there are many tutorila for beginners. This software available for Windows and MacOS and it is equipped with all cutting-edge features for photographers including Sky AiReplacement, AI Structure AI, AI Skin AI and and other portrait enhancement tools.
    pexels-photo-2693529.jpeg

19. shatteredfx21

Follow your passion.

I enjoy taking photographs here and there give it a follow if you are interested in checking out my Instagram is www.instagram.com/rodion.mark thanks all the follows are appreciated it.

Now:Navigate! likes this.
  20. Dan_Wilson_15

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Place I just moved into here in Oslo is in a pretty dope spot

Evening

CEF42E4C-A3AC-41F5-A465-1937EDE242E6.jpeg

This morning

D957E763-D6CE-42CF-9C4A-9CCA1948999B.jpeg

Ken, coleslawed, seimagery and 2 others like this.
  22. Ferrari333SP Feb 27, 2023
    (Last edited: Mar 4, 2023)
    Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

My walk home today from the grocery store (heavy bags in both hands for 20 minutes; ugh)

[​IMG]

23. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

Now that I have money and can afford film again, really excited to get back into shooting. Unfortunately my Canon A-1 seems to be having shutter problems. Anyone have a favorite film camera they recommend? Mostly into 35mm, not too picky with full mechanical, open to suggestions. Had my eye on a Nikon F3 for years but open to any input.

24. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

So is the key to not getting the sensor in your camera all dusty just simply not changing lenses during the day and only at home in the most controlled environments? I have been traveling and switching from a wide angle to a zoom frequently and there’s quite a lot of dust on the sensor. I guess my next step is to learn how to clean the thing myself rather than pay to have it done

25. fastlife

Regular Supporter

IDK how much dust you have on your sensor, but for me I use a rocket blower and that usually does the trick to get any dust off. I change lenses all the time outside and just do it quickly and try avoiding doing it anywhere where there’s sand or stuff like that whipping around.

Kellan likes this.