Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Phoenix Thread • Page 6

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by fyebes, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Sounds like Valley Bar. Was it underground? That place is really cool but it gets a little crowded for my liking haha. Lots of really great shows go through there though and the sound is amazing. Saw White Reaper there in June and it was probably the best show I've seen all year!

Cobra is cool, only been there once and luckily it was before the masses piled in haha. I hear the line for that place can get pretty lengthy.

2. Yeah! Cassino is great -- they're still around, actually. Never have topped that first record though, that ones am all time favorite for me.

Definitely gonna have to check that place out. Just asked my girlfriend about it and she thought it was weird I'd never heard of it because it's so popular haha. Do you have any other breakfast spots you like a lot? I've got a few decent places in my area but you know, one can never have too many breakfast options

3. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

ya it was underground two flights i think. cobra was a lot of fun. thankfully we got right in without a line. got patted down before I got in which was weird lol, not used to that.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  4. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Looks like the triple digits are going away for a little bit this week. I hope that's the last of them.

Kingjohn_654 and trevorshmevor like this.
  5. muttley

Slept with my window open for the first time in months. It was great to wake up to a cool, quiet morning.

Ken and trevorshmevor like this.
  6. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Put my recruiter packet in last week with Phoenix (which covers all AZ and NM) as my #1 choice... they said they’re hurting for people there so hope it happens. Wife being from Mesa would be thrilled. Miss living out there.

7. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I miss those Arizona nights. Can't wait to be back in a few months.

Kingjohn_654 and muttley like this.
  8. muttley

Anyone know a good beer bar with an international selection? Everything I've found online is domestic craft beer.

9. Hmm World of Beer is the only place I can think of and I'm p sure they closed. There are of course a lot of places you can buy international beer at but as far as bars I'm at a loss

edit: mayyyyybe Taste of Tops? They have lots of crazy beers there and there's a bar attached, so they might serve some of it

muttley likes this.
  10. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Yardhouse has a decent selection

muttley likes this.
  11. muttley

Damn, yeah they do. Awesome!

This looks promising too. Thanks!

12. muttley

@trevorshmevor Tried out Genie G's today on 75th Ave and Indian School. Surprisingly good for a diner and they serve breakfast late in the afternoon.

13. Oh word! That's quite a distance from me but I do know a couple of people that live out that way, gonna recommend it next time I'm in the area for sure!

muttley likes this.
  14. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

See y'all soon

muttley and trevorshmevor like this.
  15. muttley

Just in time for the better weather.

Ken likes this.
  16. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I know! The forecast looks amazing! Normally when I come out it's in the 70s and 60s, seeing that it's gonna be in the low-mid 80s most of next week has me thrilled.

17. muttley

We had a couple days of 86 recently. I know I’ll jinx it but I think we’re finally going to drop into the 70s. I can’t wait for those 60s!

Ken likes this.
  18. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I want the warm weather please. We're in the 40s and 50s where I'm from haha

19. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Sounds like I'll be stationed in Phoenix area for recruiting duty... but knowing the Army that'll get changed last minute. Excited if this holds out though, would love to be back to my second home and home for my wife to be around family again for at least three years. First thing I did was look for when the Angels were playing at Chase lol.

Kingjohn_654 and muttley like this.
  20. muttley

88 goddamn degrees this week. I thought we were in the clear.

21. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

It's the fucking worst.

muttley and trevorshmevor like this.
  22. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Any good breweries in AZ? Going to Tucson for Thanksgiving and the lady and I would like recommendations.

23. muttley

Is Dragoon out of Tucson? Their Stronghold Ale is good.

24. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Dragoons are units in StarCraft. They crab walk and shoot blue orbs out if their tummies. They are far from the poster child of the Protoss race, but I like them.

Ken and Shakriel like this.
  25. muttley

Anyone else get free tickets to Rebel Lounge in the mail? I don't know what mailing list I'm on, but it's time to browse their calendar.