Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge Brought in to Liven Up New Bond Script

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Richard Brooks, writing for The Observer:

Phoebe Waller-Bridge, who created, wrote and starred in the eponymous BBC hit, has been brought in to liven up the script of the next James Bond film, still known as Bond 25.

She has been specifically requested by Daniel Craig, who plays 007, to bring her wit and quirkiness to the screenplay, the Observer has learned.

2. tomtom94

Trusted

She also wrote the first series of Killing Eve, I believe?

3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

She basically developed the entire show, but yeah, not as hands on this season. As far as I'm concerned, one of the best comedic minds alive right now. Hopefully this helps.

4. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Yeah, not the showrunner for season 2, and they've already announced a different one again for season 3. But I think the show definitely demonstrates her ability to strike an entertaining tone within a spy show.

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

More promising

6. zorbed

Regular Supporter

I definitely skimmed the headline as "Phoebe Bridgers Brought in to Liven Up Bond Script" and thought "Weird to request for a musician to touch up a screenplay, and I'm not aware of her ever writing scripts, but honestly is there anything she can't do?"

Jake W and BigMouth like this.
  7. J.Dick

Regular

The making of these last few Bond movies is more dramatic than the movies themselves.

8. I definitely went through this train of thought.

zorbed likes this.