Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Phoebe Bridgers - Stranger in the Alps (September 22, 2017) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Ismaili, Jul 18, 2017.

1. zmtr

Trusted

It's certainly unnecessary. Definitely a swing and a miss

2. zmtr

Trusted

Georgia was my favorite song of hers by far and I think the new version fucking owns. Really love it.

3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Ok Georgia is wicked good.

4. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

First album since Carissa's Wierd's "Songs About Leaving" to literally put a lump of sadness in my stomach upon first listen. Still making my way through, but this may have been my most anticipated of the year and so far it does not disappoint in any way. Actually feeling a bit teary at work.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  5. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t like the new versions of Killers or Georgia as much as the old versions. Killers needs to ditch the random dude singing.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  6. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Killer isn't my favorite, but I like it. The new Georgia gave me chills top to bottom - my eyes totally widened as the song expanded.

Barresi likes this.
  7. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Do we know who that dude is in the background of Killer?

8. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Yeah that guy in Killer... kinda unnecessary and I don't think his voice really compliments Phoebe's. The production doesn't help either. Still a solid song.

9. Can't wait to give this a listen.

thesoftskeleton, Barresi and ChaseTx like this.
  10. Ed59_

Regular

Oh my god, Georgia. Out of this world.

11. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

Wall Of Arms likes this.
  12. Never wound up listening to the leak, decided to hold off. Just picked up the lavender variant at my local record store so that's gonna change tonight

13. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I don't dislike either of the changes to Killer or Georgia but man I listened to those songs soooooooo many times from her little EP that the changes are going to take a while to get used to

St. Nate likes this.
  14. Firefly

emotional motion sickness

I'm still waiting on my pre-order to arrive. Hope it turns up tomorrow.

15. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Hitting play. Smoke Signals still kills me.

16. ImAMetaphor

Wow that new rendition of Georgia is stunning. I also don't mind the male vocals in Killer.

Overall, I think this exceeded my expectations. There were no weak points at all for me. I loved every minute.

17. mationation

I think God's a painter

smoke signals is still the clear standout for me. it's probably my favorite song of the year.

also the line: do you feel ashamed, when you hear my name? so jealous

jpmalone4 likes this.
  18. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

anyone got beef with the new killer can fight me.

bedwettingcosmo and ChaseTx like this.
  19. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Seriously, it's John Doe as well. Not just some random dude (I'm aware of the irony of this statement).

trevorshmevor likes this.
  20. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

The new Killer is great.

Just not as great as the original. O:-)

21. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

That said, this cover of "You Missed My Heart" is the most devastating thing I've heard all year.

22. ImAMetaphor

I wasn't sure how I felt about Phoebe closing the album with a cover, but now that I've heard both versions and the variation between the two I'm on board. Her rendition of the song is so unique to her sound that it really feels like another Phoebe Bridgers song. Without this thread that's what I would've thought it was.

23. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Never heard a Sun Kil Moon song but the cover is great

Ryan Garner likes this.
  24. I liked this, despite it not really being what I thought it was going to be -- only song I had heard of hers prior to this was Motion Sickness so I did expect for there to be more full band stuff. She has a very pretty voice though, the record has a really great atmosphere, and it obviously is knocked out of the park in the lyrics department. It may be a little bit later in the year before a record like this falls into heavy rotation for me, but I am looking forward to spending time with it!

Never heard the original Killer but I did not like that guy's voice in there at all for some reason lol, doesn't ruin the song but I do wish he was omitted

25. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

ben's my friend!!