Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Phoebe Bridgers - Stranger in the Alps (September 22, 2017) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Ismaili, Jul 18, 2017.

1. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

As much as I've been dying to hear this, I don't think I have the guts to listen to it yet. Just hearing Funeral already fucks me up.

2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Funeral is great. I'm gonna love this album

3. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Pretty much.

Ryan Garner likes this.
  4. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

whos signing male vocals in georgia? not with it at all.. also @cxxxmxxxx where did you hear that scottsdale was a MV song

5. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

John Doe of X.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  6. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Never heard of her before people asking for her in another thread, but really loving this album.

7. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I really like Phoebe

8. bedwettingcosmo

i think she might blow up with this one tbh

9. cxxxmxxxx

This is the live show with Marshall as her drummer and she explains that "Scott Street" is his.... @bedwettingcosmo

I would recommend listening to "Wasted" and "Coming down"

10. zmtr

Trusted

Noah Gundersen just gave her a shoutout! Can't believe I'll get to see both of them play together.

11. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

This album blindsided me. So much great stuff coming out the past couple weeks, but this is what I find myself wanting to listen to most.

Also wanna point out how incredible that "Twin Peaks" guitar on Smoke Signals is. God damn.

12. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Seeing her in an hour!

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. SteveLikesMusic

St. Nate likes this.
  14. bedwettingcosmo

funny how spotify and this forum has made me abstain from listening to leaks/pre-releases. i really just prefer to wait for my HQ stream on spotify so i can discuss it properly on here with everyone together heh..

but ya, i've listened twice and it's hard to put this one off.

15. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Throwing this in here in case people haven't heard her guest spot in this Zander Hawley song

16. bedwettingcosmo

17. JohnR831

Regular

My Vinyl came today! I still want hold out until release day to listen though

18. SteveLikesMusic

So, looks like the couple remaining shows with conor didn't happen and she added a Brooklyn headlining show.

19. bedwettingcosmo

they didn't happen?

20. SteveLikesMusic

Yea, they got cancelled. There is an extreme lack of official announcements about it on Conor or Phoebe's social media accounts, but you will find some disappointed fans on his FB page and stuff. Kinda weird.

Found this from the bloomington show's FB event page:

"
    The Castle Theatre
    September 15 at 5:14pm ·
    We regret to inform that, due to unforeseen circumstances within his camp, Conor Oberst will sadly be cancelling his show scheduled for this Sunday, September 17th. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause everyone. Artists are just like the rest of us, sometimes things come up in life.
    At this time, there is not a reschedule date, so refunds will be issued. If you purchased with CASH at our box office or Waiting Room Records, you may go to those locations for a refund. If you purchased with at credit card (online or in person), your refund will be issued in the next 5-7 business days. Again, we apologize for this. We know there were a lot of ticket buyers looking forward to this one. Castle staff was too.
    - Castle Management
    "

21. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Luckily I got to see her and Conor on Friday night which is just a a few days before the cancelled shows. Their rendition of Lua will go down as one of my all time favorites. Last night was the night I finally got to listen to this album. I can see it making it high in my top albums of 2017. That closer.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  22. Another great in-studio performance.

23. Firefly

emotional motion sickness

Just had an email from Banquet records about my pre-order. Apparently the Indies Exclusive is lavender and not white. I'm happy with that!

janexo likes this.
  24. Ed59_

Regular

Got an e-mail too - no complaints from me! Already shipping too :-) I have still avoided listening to any leaks so I am very excited.

Firefly likes this.
  25. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

[​IMG]

A welcome surprise on my front porch this afternoon. So happy I can spend some time with it now.

JRGComedy, Contender and Firefly like this.