Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Phoebe Bridgers - Stranger in the Alps (September 22, 2017) Album • Page 59

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Ismaili, Jul 18, 2017.

1. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

For those wondering, it seems to also be on Apple Music. I haven't actually listened though so I might be wrong. I just know theres two versions

dotKev likes this.
  2. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Song with Matt is very nice

3. dotKev

@dotkevin

Thanks! Definitely listening to this on repeat for the rest of eternity (or until the new album comes out, whichever first).

4. ImAMetaphor

Okay yeah that alternate version is (also) very nice. love the slide guitar solo.

5. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

def prefer the alt version.

bigmike and Jake W like this.
  6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Same

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing Phoebe headline Mirrors Festival in London a week today alongside American Football and Turnover. I'd never listened until a month ago and... Damn...

This album is incredible. Something about her vocals really touch me. I could listen to her sing anything.

coleslawed and Kiana like this.
  8. bedwettingcosmo

pretty sure i lose a year off my life every time this thread gets bumped now

9. ItsAndrew Oct 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 27, 2019)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Phoebe was the surprise guest at Lucy’s show in Los Angeles last night!

Setlist:
    Halloween
    Smoke Signals
    Kyoto
    Graceland Too
    Chinese Satellite
    Me & My Dog
    Garden Song
    Motion Sickness
    Scott Street

Here’s a video of one of the new songs. This video was originally posted in the “Sometimes I think Phoebe Bridgers is a Killer” Facebook group but I recorded it and uploaded to YouTube since you can’t share private group videos.

10. That pedal steel, my GOD

11. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I assume all those songs she played that aren't on Stranger(and boygenious) are new ones?

12. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Must resist.

nohandstoholdonto and local_corn like this.
  13. Supernova

Why? Don't wait. Just listen. Don't torture yourself in hopes that you'll have a "purer" experience later which you may not even have. Listen now. I'm giving you the OK.

mad and Barresi like this.
  14. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I always listen to live versions right when they squeak out, just trying something different this time, haha.

15. Supernova

You do you. Heck, I've done it before. Now I just listen a time or 2 when something comes out before the album and then wait.

16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Another new song:

coleslawed likes this.
  17. ImAMetaphor

I hate having my first listen of a new song be an iPhone video uploaded to YouTube. Can't do it.

johnnyutes likes this.
  18. bedwettingcosmo

holy hell, these songs

19. it was finally a chilly day in LA yesterday and I listened to this all the way thru for the first time in a long time. Fucked me up. Probably the first time since losing my mother in law in february.

edit: oh DANG new songs! Must... resist... hearing new songs from youtube live vids...

JRGComedy and bedwettingcosmo like this.
  20. bedwettingcosmo

they are so worth it tho

21. I think I knew this was a thing, Phoebe's intsta story had hinted at it, but I think what happened was I bought the ticket to see Lucy on the 26th before the show on the 27th was announced. Oh well, I saw BOCC earlier this year, and boygenius last year.

22. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Any chance she drops Halloween on Halloween????

coleslawed and David Parke like this.
  23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I never get the whole "not listening to songs because they are iPhone recordings". The songs sound great and them being from an iPhone recording don't make the quality worse (or, at least, noticeably worse). How is this any different than actually being at a show and hearing the new songs for the first time? You probably would be totally down for it and in this case you're getting the same thing just in video form.

24. I don't always feel that way, actually. For some reason with Phoebe, I didn't wanna blow it just 'cause if these were gonna drop soon. Glad to hear they sound good, though! Maybe I'll give them a spin!

25. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

The difference may not be noticeable to you and others, but there’s a drop-off to my ears which is significant enough to lessen the enjoyment. Personal opinion. Do you.

Also, suggesting a live music environment is interchangeable with a video someone else recorded confirms that our experiences are different.

coleslawed and Barresi like this.