Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Phoebe Bridgers - Stranger in the Alps (September 22, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Ismaili, Jul 18, 2017.

1. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Surprised this hasn't leaked yet since Dead Oceans release all leak a month early.

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

this gives me heavy noah gundersen vibes at points

zmtr and Craig Manning like this.
  3. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i neeeed it

4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Oh yeah. This makes me excited.

zmtr and Zac Djamoos like this.
  5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I definitely think you'll like it a lot. Ledges vibes all over

Craig Manning and zmtr like this.
  6. zmtr

Trusted

The first time I saw her play Georgia this was the first thing that came to mind.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I'm all over that.

8. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

I saw recently her like a pic in IG about some shady ass shit about ryan adams and i remember thinking oh damn didnt he produce her music/release music through his label...thats weird?? But im putting the two and two together a bit now that yall mention this . Seems like there could be some bad blood there.

David Parke likes this.
  9. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Wasn't she touring with him as recently as this past Spring though? Seems kind of weird, if that's the case.

10. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

I just "Waldened it" for a few days this week (so, a mockery to Thoreau really) and this album was my soundtrack the whole time. Legitimately fighting for top spot in my albums of the year so far.

loudasallgetout likes this.
  11. bedwettingcosmo

guhhhhh. I NEED THIS NOW

12. Wall Of Arms

I literally sat for about an hour just repeating her version of Kozelek's "You Missed My Heart" which rounds out the album. Something about her storytelling and interpretation of it hit me way harder than the original in all new ways and I just got entranced by it.

Will be reviewing this for chorus.

Matt Chylak likes this.
  13. bedwettingcosmo

you are killing me.

14. Wall Of Arms

I don't know if it's because of some personal stuff going on now combined with the setting I was in (ie near-isolation from the world) but I have not experienced that complete entrancement by a song for some time. It was meditative.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  15. Simon

new to this forum, found it because there aint that many people into Phoebe, and happy to find it, but was lurking....

but was checking every day in case the album leaked...cos im buying the vinyl but am dying to hear it. and so people in my shoes, it's out there now

Barresi, Gjpeace and trevorshmevor like this.
  16. @Simon you're doing god's work thank you bud

17. Wall Of Arms

Excited to hear others thoughts now!

18. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I'm seeing it with wrong track names. Is that it? Someone PM me lol.

19. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

No, track 3 is not called C*cksucker lol

20. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Lol I know that but maybe it's the right song with the wrong name. Think I found it.

But I'm not sad enough to listen.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  21. Wall Of Arms

Definitely a record to sit down in a quiet room with/zone out whilst travelling and able to pay attention to it.

Barresi and trevorshmevor like this.
  22. Yeah I'm in that weird place where I really want to grab it and listen but I'm just know I'm not in the right headspace at the moment. About to start my binge of the new season of Bojack, I'll see how I feel tonight once that's over

23. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

God damn this is sad.

Initial thoughts are that I liked the old versions of Killer and Georgia more but that's probably just because I'm so used to them. This will be fantastic for the fall. There wasn't really any jaw dropping moments for me but it's just all around solid stuff. Can't wait to listen again later.

Barresi likes this.
  24. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Gah, I can't wait for this. I wish I could listen now so I could give it the attention it deserves, but it coming out on the same as the day Killers' new album probably means I won't get around to it for another week.

Still, really happy that people are enjoying it.

25. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

think im gonna wait to listen but goddamn am i excited. not too long now.